Monday, August 2, 2010

Just Believe It: Clean And Simple, Vanilla and Black Blog Candy Winner!

 You don’t have to check the color on your monitor… todays’ post really is in black and white, just like an old television show!  But first, I want to announce this weekend’s Blog Candy Winner!  I know I said I would announce it last night.. but we had a terrific storm and the power went out :) so here is the random integer generator results:

Random Integer Generator

Here are your random numbers:

58

Timestamp: 2010-08-02 11:37:11 UTC

Congrats to Nana_Cindy42!!  Please use the contact me tab to send me your address and your blog candy will be on it’s way to you! 

 

Just Believe was probably the first Stamp Set to catch my eye when the new Idea Book and Catalog was released on July 1st.  The silhouette images are long, tall, and elegant… and whispy, swaying as if the wind is gently blowing through the leaves, almost magical!  I’m sure these images will make great brayer technique cards… but today, the style is Clean and Simple or CAS.

The first card uses ONLY Very Vanilla Cardstock.  The Brush Tip of the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker was used to darken the edges along each layer, giving the appearance of more layers… kind of fun, isn’t it… and Clean and Simple too!

The large Bird and Branch Punch was used to punch a basic black Two Step Bird Extra Large Punch… but the wing is from the Love Letters Designer Series Pack… just a tiny scrap can make such a difference don’t you think? 

 P7200014B&wcreatedbyujustbelieve

A second Basic Black and Very Vanilla Just Believe Card… the circular images from the stamp set were inked, stamped, allowed to dry and then punched out with a 1 1/4” circle punch.  The lower Very Vanilla Portion was embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder, and a narrow strip of Basic Black paper was punched with the Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch (DSRB)… isn’t that a mouthful?

P7200016b&wCreatedbyuJB

For a fun little touch, two layers of ribbon were wrapped with a lovely antique brad… I’m stocking up on these beautiful brads… so you’d better order them before they go into backorder status :)

Stampin Up Supplies used on Today’s Cards:

Stamps:  Just For You

Paper:  Very Vanilla and Basic Black Card Stock, Love Letters Designer Series Paper

Classic Ink:  Basic Black

Accessories:  Basic Black Narrow Grosgrain and Satin Ribbon, Very Vanilla Narrow Taffeta, Two Step Bird Extra Large Punch, Modern Label Punch, Stampin’ Up! Exclusive Very Vintage Textured Embossing Folder, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, Dimensional Dots, Antique Brads, Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch

I’ve got another special Black and Vanilla Card share tomorrow, again in the Elegant CAS styling… hope you’ll stop back by!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Wow.. I'm always surprised to see so many ideas for just one stamp set! Thanks so much for your inspiration!

Stamping Aweigh with Norma said...

Love the black and white cards! I'm now following you.

Norma
www.stampingaweigh.blogspot.com

ArtisticInkspirations said...

So pretty...as usual!! Love the brads too!! Guess I better order more!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous black/vanilla cards. I especially like the first one. Thanks for the 'tip' to use the marker for edging.

Congrats to the lucky blog candy winner.

Anonymous said...

That stamp set is so versatile. You've given me even more ideas on how to use it. Thanks!

nana_cindy42 said...

I'm a lot late, but thanks for the congrats for my being the Blog Candy winner! My prize was so nice! I love all of it! Thanks, Sharon!