Thursday, August 19, 2010

It’s in the Details: Subtle Differences in Cards

Today, I gathered all the supplies I wanted to use to make a card… stamps, ink, paper, and embellishments… and then set out to create something to share with all of you.  I just returned from Upstate NY last night… and hadn’t had an opportunity to stamp in a few days.  Have you noticed that when you take a stamp break, the creativity just doesn’t seem to flow as well as it did before?  I guess that is why I rarely take a stamp break!!   Fortunately (and unfortunately) the trip was short and sweet… we got to see many of the people we wanted to see… but didn’t get to see others :(  And now, I’m back home blogging, stamping, and sharing with all of you!

Today’s TWO cards feature a simple and soft palette of colors:  Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake, and Whisper White and the Silhouette Sentiments Stamp set.  The first card is my reject… created after my personal stamping drought.  The second card is the stepped up version (after I got my mojo back ;)

Created By You simply layered silhouette sentiments

It’s OK.. but just needed something, a little too slap and stick for me :)  After re-evaluating, I decided the card just needed a little texture, and maybe an extra embellishment too!

Here’s the re-make… using the Pretty Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, and Basic Pearl Jewels to add a little ‘something’.  I think it makes a big jump from plain to elegant… what do you think?

brayer Createdbyu Blushing Bride

The Silhouette Sentiment flower image was stamped in versamark ink, and after allowing it to dry, brayered with Blushing Bride Ink… I call it the Glossy Ghost Technique :) 

Stampin Up! Supplies used for today’s card share:

Stamps:  Silhouette Sentiments

Ink:  Versamark, Blushing Bride and Soft Suede Classic Ink

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Glossy White, Blushing Bride, Crumb Cake

Accessories:  Brayer, Elegant Lines and Pretty Polka Dots Embossing Folders, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Basic Pearls Jewels, Crumb Cake Taffeta Ribbon

Stop by tomorrow for a fun Sketch Frenzy Friday Card Share and Challenge!

Hugs!

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

I love these two cards - my favorite is the second one and if the cards for our shut-ins this weekend are ladies - this is my inspiration. Thanks for blessing my day and inspiring my creativity. :)

Elsie said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Laurie Gibson said...

Like them both - LOVE the stepped up version :) Love the color combination. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Laurie Gibson said...

Like them both but LOVE the stepped up version. Great color combination - thanks for the inspiration!

Penny Hanuszak said...

You're right Sharon, that little extra step in adding the polka dots just punches this card forward! There both beautiful but the 2nd just has all the pizzazz!

nana_cindy42 said...

I agree, the 2nd one is beautiful! I love it. When I went to the Ice Cream social at NB Senior Center there were some hand made cards for sale. They weren't the same type we make but were still cute. I looked on the back of one to see if they were signed but they weren't.

Anonymous said...

Both of these cards are beautiful yet different. Thank you for sharing them both.

Gale
gale.sewell@indwesdotcom

Highdesertstamper said...

Lovely, both of them.. but do like the little punched flowers.. gives it some pizazz...:)