Thursday, August 5, 2010

Glamour and Glitz, Embellishments and Moxy MOJO150

It was so much fun creating this MOJO150 card!  It all began with a simple sketch…

http://mojomonday.blogspot.com

Paper is a lot like fabric… with texture, pattern, scale, and hand.. you find the complimentary colors, threads, ribbons and embellishments to complete your project.  This project, my moxy Mojo150 Card was inspired by the new Stampin Up In-Color Blushing Bride… and the complimentary stamp set “Blissful Bride”.  

Are you beginning to sense a theme?    As soon as I spotted it on page 20 of the Stampin Up! Summer Mini Catalog, it was love at first sight!  The clean and elegant line drawings are perfect for a wedding invitation, congratulatory card, or shower event!  The simple line drawings require little or no color, and manifest quickly into a clean and simple (CAS) card if that’s what you’re looking for!I  I’ve actually had the Blissful Bride stamp set for a couple months and although I’ve seen some wonderful projects and cards created using this stamp set by other Stampin Up Demonstrators… I never put together the Clear Mount Stamp Set until just two days ago!!   Hard to believe, isn’t it?

Purchasing the Blissful Bride Stamp set wasn’t just a crime of passion… it was also an intelligent business decision!  As a Stampin Up! Demonstrator, of course, I get a discount on product purchases… I also have a niece who recently announced her engagement (and would love to have custom wedding announcements)… AND… I love to make custom wedding invitations for my clients as well!  Now that it is properly assembled, I’m quite sure the Blissful Bride Stamp set will be both used and well loved in the future.

So… just as I may prepare for a quilt or jewelry making project, I gathered all the supplies which would inspire me to make a great Mojo150 challenge card… Shimmery White, Crumb Cake and Blushing Bride card stock; Basic Rhinestone and Basic Pearl Jewels; and assortment of ribbon, threads, and lace, Paper Daisies, Antique Brads, and Elegant Lines Textured Embossing Folder… the makings of a great card, scrap book page, or even a gown (substitute the word fabric for Card Stock… LOL!)  So.. this is how my project began…  Who couldn’t make a fabulous card with all these luscious supplies?  I’m sure you could… success is practically guaranteed you don’t even have to find matching embellishments.. they’re all in one spot.. my stampin studio :) and the Stampin Up! Catalog too!

P8030020_Created By You My next step was to add ink, markers, stamp, and of course the MOJO150 challenge sketch!  Want to see my card?

MOJO150_Created_By_You_P32-

A lot of texture, yummy feelings… and another one of those fabulous Antique Brad Embellishments!  Texture and embellishments can add so much to an otherwise flat card!  Can’t get enough of these brads… and I’m probably personally responsible for a backorder should you encounter one!!  Sorry! 

Here’s a little close up of my MOJO150 sketch entry… you can see more of the fine details on the card..

P8030028_MOJO150 Close UP Created By You

I created a Shimmer Mist Spray and made the Paper Daisy Sparkle and Glisten.  Crystal Effects were added to the pink buttons along the back of the gown bodice, and on the tiny flowers which embrace the ribbon sash of the gown.  Simple aqua painter technique was used to add just a touch of color to the gown and ribbon sash.  Don’t you just LOVE the antique brad embellishment I’ve added to the ribbon and vintage lace?  I might have to send this card to my Niece… wonder if she’ll like it.  What do you think?

Hope you like today’s card… and really hope the people at Mojo Monday like my card as well.. they’re having a contest for MOJO150, it would be nice to win one!

Have a wonderful day, hope you liked my card and will come back tomorrow too!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

11 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Can't wait to get all those fantastic embellishments!! Great card - love the bling and the beautiful brad!

Creative Art By Barb said...

Another WOW card - just fantastic is all I can say..
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Shari Winterstein said...

Wow! :)))) Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Suzie said...

Wow, wow, and WOW!! This is a beautiful card!! Your niece is very lucky to have such a talented lady for an Auntie!!

Colleen said...

LOVE-LOVE this card! Great job!!! TFS.

inkedx2 said...

Sharon,

This is a beautiful card! TFS

Robbie

cheryl said...

What a beautiful card. The layers and embleshiments you have added are wonderful.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful card, love all the textures you used

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous!!! Love your tasteful embellishing. The pearls on the dress are perfect. Good luck in the contest. It's a winner in my book!

Brandy said...

Wow, that is gorgeous, how come I'm just now seeing it? Really beautiful card!

jimlynn said...

Oh my!!!! This is by far, just the prettiest. Gorgeous card.
Lynn