Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Florida Sunshine and Beach… Brayer Card… and an Announcement

Tomorrow I’ll be teaching and introduction to the brayer class.  Two of the cards we will make were already posted.. One HERE and a Second HERE.  It will be a busy day with classes during the day and evening as well!  We’ll be making three cards during the class, and I am hoping to inspire you to make friends with your brayer too! 

This is the third card we’ll be making during the brayer class… one I created while just dreaming of getting away to some tropical island… probably during a dark dreary day of stormy Florida weather!  The tree image is one of my ‘new’ favorites from the Plant Hope Stamp Set by Stampin Up.  The set also has three other tree images.. including a bonzai!  Now, how fun is that??

Intro Brayer Class Card 3 Created By You

Many of us have a brayer…  because it is a rubber stamp tool… and we all seem to collect as many tools or toys as we can when it comes to our rubber stamp addiction!  I personally had no idea how much potential lie within that gray rubber roller until I took both beginner and advanced brayer classes from the fabulous MZ… and my mind began to spin with creative opportunities and potential! 

During this week’s class, students will learn how to care for and clean the brayer, how to properly load it with ink, apply ink to paper, and of course make all three cards.  I’m looking forward to sharing your success!

Announcement??  Ah, yes.. I do have a TWO wonderful personal announcements! 

Sunday evening I drove to Orlando, Florida for an overnight stay… the next morning I got up at 4am to pick up a very special ‘package’ from the International Airport.  for those who have been following along, our Darling Daughter has returned home from her year long educational pursuit which took her to universities in Germany, Poland, and China (among other places)!  What a joy it is to have her back home again!  I’m sure she’ll be quite busy finishing up her MBA Degrees during the next couple months… I’m also quite sure she’ll pop in on a Club Meeting, Class or occasional Camp too! 

Second announcement:  I’ve  joined the Diva Coffee Break Design Team!  I’m looking forward to sharing my spin on the weekly sketch and color challenges, and hope you’ll play along with us too!  Links to all the DCBD Team members have been added to my blog side bar, so you can check out all the terrifically talented team member blogs too!

Off to prep for class…

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

lisa808 said...

I'm so glad your 'special package' arrived safely! Enjoy every moment of being back together.

Congrats on your new DT position!

Anonymous said...

First of all Sharon, I am so happy for you and your husband that your daughter is back home. I know how much you have missed her. Secondly, I am in love with this card...you make brayer cards look so easy - but I've tried and tried and I just can't seem to get it right. I guess I'll have to come to Florida and take one of your classes again! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful creations.

~ Michelle in Tennessee

inkedx2 said...

I know how excited you are to have your daughter home. Mine was in Italy for only 6 months but it was a long 6 months! Congratulations on joining the team. You truly deserve it!

Robbie

Patrice said...

Congratulations on joining the Diva Design Team How cool is that!!!! Wow an MBA good for your daughter you must be so very proud of all of her accomplishments!! And while you are at it pat yourself on the back for being a great Mom, Roll Model and an inspiration to us all!!!