Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Diva Coffee Break Designs DCBD189 Sketch Challenge – Woo Hoo!!!

Wow.. I’ve been asked to become part of the Diva Coffee Break Designs Challenge Team!  I’m honored and excited to be grouped with such a talented pool of stampers!  Each Wednesday, I’ll be bringing you a brand new sketch or color based challenge, and provide a link to the main blog where you can see ALL the wonderful samples created just for this challenge!  I hope you’ll take time to visit each of them and leave a sweet comment!!

DCBD189_jpg_cbyu

Isn’t it fun?  I decided to use the Stampin Up! Stamp Set Plant Hope… along with Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper.  The scallop shell pattern of the Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper reminds me of a Chinese Dragon… Why?  Long story about a very talented quilter friend named Lorraine Hare, who made with this exact shell pattern for a Hoffman Challenge… the quilt was stunning, beautiful, and as with all her work, executed with precision!  Here’s my card for the challenge:

P8090004DCBD189CBYU

The lovely Bonzai tree is just one of the wonderful images in the Plant Hope Stamp Set… and one of the reasons I personally purchased the set!  Hope you like it!!

Stampin Up! Supplies used in today’s DCBD189 Challenge Card:

Stamps:  Plant Hope

Paper:  Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla Card Stock

Classic Ink:  Soft Suede

Accessories:  Stampin Write Markers, Double Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Vintage Brads, Stampin Dimensionals

 

Long day yesterday… after spending the night in a hotel near the Orlando International Airport, I woke up at 3am, got to the airport just after 5am… and picked up my DD.  We decided to take advantage of the local shopping, and after a refreshing shower we headed to the Florida Mall… then the Volusia County Mall… and rendezvous with a friend… finally returning back to Jacksonville at 6pm.  Of course I had to quickly make a card for this post :) My DH always says I work well under pressure, it was done, photographed, edited and posted in under 30 minutes!  It’s great to have our DD home… it has been a very long year with her in Germany, Poland, and China… and sooo very nice to have her home!!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Lori Burkitt said...

Glad your daughter is home. Enjoy her! I saw your card posted on DCBD and loved it. Just stopped by to let you know.

Shari Winterstein said...

Congratulations on your new endeavor! You deserve it. I love every aspect of this card. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Ms said...

Love this card and I'm glad your DD is home safe & sound.... enjoy your time....

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Can't understand why you got picked for the Coffee Break Divas...hahahah.. You're the best!! Wonderful card...as USUAL!! Glad your DD got home safe and sound!!