Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Challenge your Mojo - MOJO150

Well, I wasn’t exactly doing what I was supposed to be doing yesterday… and instead decided to play around with the MOJO150 Challenge Sketch, which means I’ve got a lot of catch-up to do this morning!  You know how it is, rubber stamps and ink scattered across the table… partial cards, rejects, a couple phone calls, edit a few photos, finish a couple cards and it’s already 5pm!!  Tomorrow is the 1st Wednesday Card Club Meeting too.. I’ve designed all the cards but still have a ton of cutting and preparing to do… not to mention making lunch for the ladies too!

I did manage to complete two cards today for the MOJO150 challenge – which is a good thing!  AND, I combined it with an Embellish Magazine Challenge to use Pink, Green, and Brown in a card…  and was inspired by the collection of materials on my table to create another card for the MOJO150 challenge as well (which I’ll share with you tomorrow.)  I loved the layers and lines of Julee Tilman’s sketch this week… It flows so gently across the paper!  Looking at the sketch right now, I’m also inspired to make a water based sketch entry.. hmm!

Mojo150Sketch Julee Tilman

I’ve really been having a lot of fun with the Enjoy Every Moment Stamp Set from Stampin Up too!  It’s such an easy set to design cards with and the simple yet detailed line images are easy to color too.   I’ve actually got a stock pile of cards to share using that set, and will be sharing them later this month too!  Today’s card uses the Enjoy Every Moment Stamp Set, and also features fabulous embellishments:  wonderfully detailed Antique Brads, Basic Pearl Jewels, and Paper Daisies too… hope you like it!

mojo150 Embellish Magazine Challenge Card

To make this card, the flower focal image was Stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink and colored using Stampin’ Write Markers in Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzaz, Blushing Bride, and Melon Mambo.

A 1/2” strip of Soft Suede Card Stock was run through my paper crimper, and a V was snipped into each end to form a faux ribbon.  Basic Pearls were added to embellish the faux ribbon too.

To add color to the 1 1/4” Paper Daisy, I scribbled a little Blushing Bride Stampin Marker onto a piece of glass tile (you can use a plastic lid, stamp box for this too) and picked up the color with an aquapainter before brushing lightly on the ridges of the paper daisy.

A 1” Melon Mambo Circle was punched and added to the center of the paper daisy, and pierced in the center before adding one of those gorgeous yummy antique brads.  I chose the open pattern brass finish brad because it complimented the color of the faux soft suede ribbon embellishing the card.  The Paper Daisy embellishment ensemble was then added to the card using a stampin’ dimensional.

An Ok card… but wait until you see tomorrows MOJO150 Sketch Challenge Entry… I had a LOT of fun creating it!  Pssst… it is NOT a 10 minute card, you’ll see tomorrow (sorry Midge!).

Here’s a close up of the flower image and enchanting embellishments… the Antique Brad was the perfect embellishment for the Paper Daisy Center, don’t you think?

P8030011 - Copy

Stampin Up Stamps and Supplies for today’s card share:

Stamps:  Enjoy Every Moment

Card Stock:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzaz, Soft Suede

Classic Ink:  Soft Suede

Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Pretty Polka Dots Textured Embossing Folder, Paper Daisies, Antique Brads, Paper Crimper, Snips, Stampin Dimensionals, 1” Circle Punch, Big Shot Machine, Tombow Multi Adhesive, Paper Piercing Tool, Scallop Edge Punch, Aqua Painter, Paper Piercing Tool

Back to the grindstone.. got a ton of chores to do!  See you tomorrow with another MOJO150 sketch challenge… I really like tomorrow’s card, I hope you do too!

Hugs!

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Ellen Kemper said...

Oh you ALWAYS have such pretty things! And that antique brad is perfect. Now I have to place an order SOONER than I planned.

Pretty pretty pretty card!!

Gina said...

What a beautiful card.. love all the layers!

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a soft and feminine card and I love it! Thanks for always including such great instructions - makes it easier to CASE! :)))) Thanks also for blessing my day. :)

Susan said...

so love the look of this card

Gail S. said...

Pretty card!!! I love the layout and the colors just look so soft and pretty.

cinmfoster said...

Pretty card and love that brad!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a pretty card. Love that flower center. Thanks for playing Mojo!