Sunday, August 8, 2010

7 Tips for Success: Water Color Every Moment Club Card

I hope you had a lovely weekend!  I spent my entire weekend lending a helping hand, working an estate sale… and although the a tiny voice in my head kept reminding me to bend my knees as I lifted and carried furniture items.. every muscle in my body aches right now…. All for a good cause… we worked from dawn to dusk, and sold just about everything in her home due to staging and re-staging merchandise as furniture and other items were sold.  When I got back home, I realized I needed to create a blog post… and scrounged around for a stamped item you hadn’t seen yet… just trying to hold your interest and keep it fresh and fun!
So… here is a card we made at the First Wednesday card club last week.  The Of The Earth Stamp Set from Stampin Up! includes elegant yet simple line drawings suitable for water coloring.  I love the little bird clinging to the Cat Tail and have used the image for simple yet elegant water colored cards.  Simple paper piercing adorns two opposing corners on the mounted focal image… and a sentiment borrowed from the Elements of Style stamp set.  This is one of three cards we made last week during the  Card Club Meeting.  The hostess had over $700 in orders which yielded $115 in freebies in addition to the 3 hostess sets she earned… WOW!!
P7270001
Doing this card at a club meeting gave me a fresh understanding of how to help my club members achieve better success when water coloring, and using a aqua painter… a few useful tips helped them achieve better success… so I thought I’d share those tips with you today too!
  1. Hold your aqua painter by the valve, not the squishy body!  Even though you may not think you are applying pressure when holding the body, even a gentle touch will force water through the valve.
  2. Stampin Up aqua painters come two per pack… one is for finer images, the other has a broader tip for water coloring larger areas.  The painters have different colored caps, allowing you to easily discern between the two sizes.
  3. When Water Coloring, always begin with your lightest color first, and work out.  It is not necessary to color in the entire image… remember you want to achieve a water color effect… and not coloring the image completely helps portray this effect.
  4. Scribble your stampin  Write markers onto a tile, piece of glass, or plastic.  Add a little water with your aqua painter to make a puddle… and work from the puddle first… but be careful not to over saturate your image.
  5. If your image becomes a bit saturated, let it dry before applying more color.
  6. The same color applied to an already dry image will intensify the color… the same color applied to a wet image will lighten the color (and saturate the image as well).
  7. Although Stazon ink or embossing will help you keep the coloring within the lines, it is not necessary to have water resistant ink if you work slowly and patiently!

Stampin Up! Supplies Used in Today’s Of the Earth Club Card:
Stamps:  Every Moment, Elements of Style
Classic Ink:  Early Espresso
Card Stock:  Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Stampin Write Markers, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, 1” Circle Punch, Aqua Painter
Sign up now for new clubs forming for September:  We’ll have another Morning Club on the First Wednesday, and an evening Club on the First Thursday… ask any club member, it’s a great way to get together in a friendly environment, learn new stuff.. and earn free stuff too!  Contact me using the tab at the top of this page to find out how to join… I’m looking forward to meeting you!
I’ll have another card share from Of the Earth tomorrow… another image from the stamp set… hope you’ll stop by to say hi!
Hugs,
Sharon
Pin It!

5 comments:

Betsy said...

Beautiful work, enjoying all the inspiration found on your blog!

Gail S. said...

Thank you so much for the great tips using the aqua painter! I will have to try them out - beautiful work!

lisa808 said...

Thanks for the tips!

Jayelldee said...

The set used is not "Of the Earth," it is "Every Moment".

nana_cindy42 said...

I guess I wasn't in the 1st Wed Stamp Club then. I would have loved making that card. (What am I saying? I love making ALL of the cards!!) I knew I had that stamp set but couldn't find it in the book index so I looked through the pages & found it. I do have it. But the comment before me gave the right name. I should have scrolled down to read the comments before I went lôôking lol ! Your coloring is beautifully done.