Friday, July 30, 2010

Yikes!! Another Sketch Frenzy Friday Sketch!!

Well… it’s another, and it’s also the right one!  Somehow I showed you a preview of a future card and sketch which I had all ready to go when the date rolls around… not to worry, I’ll create another card.  In the mean time I’d like to share the original sketch for 7-30 by Tess Davis

SFF073010tessdavis

I love the layers, and design of this sketch!  Tina stepped up and created it just last week… I started the card but it got lost in my classes and events… and then it got mailed out to someone… double Yikes!  So… this evening when I got back home, I quickly threw this card together… although not an exact rendition of the sketch, it was the best I could do with 10 minutes to stamp before DH came home!

Psff0730createdbyyou324098

I substituted the ribbon for the sentiment for the sketch (and the brads too, I guess) and quickly came up with this card.  I had already made the Santa image the other day, and was playing around with the wood background stamp, going for a white on white Card…   The Santa Beard was dry embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions Folder, and then embossing highlighted with a 2-way glue pen and wonderful Dazzling Diamonds.

P73createdbyyousff0730439ejds

Santa’s hat is actually embossed with Whisper White Embossing powder on Very Vanilla Cardstock with the tree image from Stampin Up stamp set Christmas Classics.  I borrowed the greeting from the Contempo Christmas Stamp Set (new in the Stampin Up Idea Book & catalog this month)…. added a few flat backed basic pearls, fastened a brad around the taffeta ribbon… and a quick card is made.  Hope you like it… my DH always says I’m the go-to person in a crisis, and that I work better under pressure.. so how’s that for pulling together a card in under 10 minutes?

Sorry Tess for messing up your sketch!!

I believe the next stop is Susan Grant! I’m quite certain she used the correct sketch :)

Check back tomorrow for a new tutorial, and tomorrow evening for a blog candy winner announcement… keep posting those comments (with this post you have even one more chance to win ;)

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

13 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

OMG!!! You amaze me!!! Such a stickin cute card!! I ADORE IT!! WOW>..I've been wanting that stamp set for 3 yrs...hmm... now I wish I had it!!

Kathryne said...

Well I just adore your santa! Worth the wait!

Kathryne

Lori Burkitt said...

Love this! Very clever design on Santa's beard!

Nancy Dawson said...

Love the santa and another way to use the ornament punch! Great job. TFS Nancy

Stampin with Kristy said...

This card is adorable!!! I absolutely love it. I cannot believe it only took you 10 minutes! Amazing!!!

Susan said...

he's the cutest santa I've seen in along time!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you messed up by accident! That Santa is just too cute! he will be cased! Linda U - TX

Ms said...

this is just darling... You are sooo creative... thank you for sharing your creativity

cinmfoster said...

What an adorable card. Love how you used the punches.

lisa808 said...

Well, at least I know now that I'm not crazy!!! As I 'hopped' from your blog to the others, the sketch was different. I then thought you might have created a special sketch for your celebration.

Sandy said...

For something that you put together quickly I'd say that is pretty awesome. Love the little santa.

nana_cindy42 said...

Love it! Esp the Santa! Very unique.

inkedx2 said...

OMG this is so cute. Love this idea!

Robbie