Monday, July 5, 2010

Vellum Butterflies, Heard from the Heart, and that Artichoke Stamp…

I’m not too terribly fond of artichokes, by my DD really loves them.  Years ago, when I lived in Morro Bay, California we had fried Abalone and Artichokes for dinner.. and although everyone else truly enjoyed the meal, they did NOT sit well with me!  Perhaps that is why when I look at the welcome image from the Friends Never Fade Rubber Stamp set, an artichoke pops out at me!!

This card was originally made for the Utah Divas International Sketch Challenge… another case where life and business got in the way, I never posted it to the sketch challenge.. I really meant to Max!!  Here’s a link to the UDI sketch.

And here’s my card.. I just had to add a vellum butterfly to step it up a notch!

1P6190004disk88

Here’s a sneak of the inside of the card.. kind of hard to photograph in the bright sunlight.. sorry!

1P6190005udisk88

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

  • Stamps:  Heard from the heart, Friends never Fade
  • Card Stock:  Whisper white, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Old Olive, Vellum
  • Acccessories:  Buttons, linen thread, stampin’ dimensionals, Marina Mist 1/8” taffeta ribbon

This is more of an eclectic card using Friends never Fade, En Francais, and Elements of Style..

P6150006

Simply layered, very easy to do, the card (above) features card stock in Whisper White, Marina MIst, and Bashful Blue… and just one stamp pad.. Marina Mist.

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Corie said...

Both of these are fabulous!!

Ms said...

what an absolutely stunning card.... I just love it.... very clean and I love the inside... Thanks for sharing your creativity

Katie said...

who would have thought artichokes?
This is such a pretty card. The colors and design are so pleasing. Thanks for joining us at PTT!

Kristie said...

Fabulous card! I love the design and the neat card fold. Great inside too! Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!