I am frequently asked to tell how I tie the bows on my card.. so today, I’m sharing a step by step tutorial for a button tied bow, one of the bows you frequently see on Created By You. This past month, as a guest designer for the Cards & Things Challenge, I actually made three cards for Krista’s Color Challenge. All three cards used Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Pretty In Pink and Chocolate Chip Card Stock from Stampin Up. Each was also enhanced with ribbon, one with a button tied bow (today’s tutorial).
So… here they are! First up: a button tied onto the ribbon to create a sash look
The one I submitted as my guest designer entry to the Cards & Things Challenge.
And last, changing it up a bit… looks more like a little girls’ Easter Dress with a button tied bow sash (this is the one I’m going to show you today).
So step by step, here is how to create a button tied bow!!
- Start by cutting a strip of ribbon appx. 3/4” longer than your card and set aside.
- Next, run Stampin Up Linen Thread through your button… but leave a large loop behind the button
- Next fold one end of the ribbon across towards the spool. NOTE: I rarely cut ribbon from the spool until after the bow has been tied and secured!
- And of course, the other end back over the now looped and loose end… (this photo is backwards isn’t it??)
- Lay the folded bow atop the pre cut ribbon strip (appx. 3/4” longer than your card)
- Slip the threaded button around the bow and ribbon strip
- And cinch it down, securing with a postman’s knot (wrap the thread around twice and pull to secure… repeat) and now you’re ready to attach it to your card!
Have you got all your Christmas and Holiday Cards made yet? If not, now is a great time to get those supplies! Now that the kids are headed back to school, you will have time to relax, stamp and create your own fabulous hand made cards too! The Calendar tab has been updated with a bunch of new classes and events.. please contact me if you have any questions! Or simply order your card making supplies online and have them delivered right to your door! Visit My Online Stampin Up Store today to place your order!
Later this evening, I’ll be announcing the blog candy winner from the 7/29 post… make sure you’re in it if you want to win!Tomorrow I’m sharing a really fun Christmas Card, hope you’ll stop back by and say hi!