Friday, July 23, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday – SFF0723 Bugs N Kisses

Welcome to the Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge and Mini Blog Tour!  I hope you’re enjoying all the creativity along the way!

frenzyfinal1-300x185cbyu

I’ve really been looking forward to sharing this sketch… I knew what I was going to do with it the moment I saw the preview!  This week’s sketch was created by Sketch Frenzy Friday Team Member Kim Innis… isn’t it fun??

sff0723Sketch for 7-23-10-001

Well, I still took a little creative license on this sketch… but that’s what it’s all about, a starting point for your creativity!  Are you ready for my sketch interpretation?

SFF0723 Bugs N Kisses Created By You

The windows on this card were punched out using my 1 1/4” Square Punch, and the whole front panel is popped up onto the Marina Mist card base.  The packages were borrowed from the Loads Of Love Accessories Stamp Set, then colored with Stampin’ Write Markers.  The grass along the bottom of the card and window images was stamped with Certainly Celery Classic Ink and the Palm Frond image from the Tropical Party Stamp Set.  I had to move the ribbon from where it lay in the sketch… because of my window placement LOL…

Here’s the inside of the card… more bugs ‘n kisses, and faux stitching:

SFF0723 Inside Bugs N Kisses

Here’s the card front before I added all the stamping and dimensionals:

sff0723 template created by you

The center 1 1/4” punch was punched first, pushing the punch as far into the cardstock as I could… until it bumped the edge of the cardstock.  After moving over and centering the punch again closer to the edges of the cardstock, it was punched again (lower left corner) and then punched in the upper right corner.

After stamping the Whisper White Card Front, it was attached to the Marina Mist base with stampin’ dimensionals.  No waste… the 1 1/4” punches were trimmed to 1 1/8”, stamped, daubbered, and placed neatly inside the windows for the final result!

sff0723 window

On with the tour!!  Next stop:  Sue Grant!  I can’t wait to see what she did with the sketch!

After the tour, be sure to come back and upload your sketch card… I’d love to see what you do with it too!  Simply upload your card to an online photo gallery, splitcoaststampers, or your blog and then use the inlinkz tool to add your sample!

Hugs!

Sharon

Your turn!


(Submissions start July 23, 2010, 5:00 am)
Link tool by inlinkz.com

Pin It!

6 comments:

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Too too cute!! You've done it again!! Can I clone your brain??:) Have to copy this one for my grandkids.. they love bugs.

Riet said...

Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I must say, your zindorf likely cards are just stunning.
Very well done.

Memories by Brenda said...

WOW, what a wonderful card!! Thank you for creating it

Melinda said...

OMG! That is so cute! Great job!

Root said...

I like it, thanks you very much :)


Nonstop DJ Game | Phim | Soft

Sue Grant said...

how cute, the detail and work is fantastic thanks for sharing