Friday, July 9, 2010

Sketch Frenzy Friday – SFF0709 – Move over Tommy Bahama!

Welcome back… can you believe it’s already time for another Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge?  Time sure does fly when you’re having fun stamping with your friends!!

frenzyLogo-300x185cbyu

This week’s sketch was created by.. ME!!  It was my first ever sketch in My Digital Studio.. so please be kind!  I promise next time, when my turn rolls around, it will be more interesting, ok?

sff709 Created By You

Ahhh.. it’s simple… but look what I did with it!  Reminds me of the Tommy Bahama Restaurant Decor and/or Clothing line… perfect stamped card for Florida, don’t you think?

SFF0709 Created By You

The Tropical Island Palm Tree image was stamped using the Glossy Ghost Technique, and then I used my brayer for a fun WOW effect using Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue Classic Inks.  As a final step, the palm frond was stamped over the brayered image with Wild Wasabi Classic Ink.

Here’s a close up:

SFF0709 Brayer Created By You

And the inside of the card… had to really do Tommy Bahama justice after all!

SFF0709 Inside Card Created By You

The center panel is popped up using stampin’ dimensionals… it would make a really quick and easy tropical card front as well, don’t you think?

I hope you’ll play along with our SFF0709 Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge this week.. simply upload your card to an online gallery such as splitcoaststampers or your Kodak Gallery or your blog… and then come back here to share your creation!

Next stop on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog Tour: Sue Grant!  Be sure to leave her a nice comment too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Come Play Along!  You're Next!


(Submissions start July 9, 2010, 5:00 am)
Link tool by inlinkz.com

Pin It!

18 comments:

Tibetan Jewelry said...

My friend recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

Memories by Brenda said...

Great card Sharon!! Your palm tree is wonderful!!

Pam said...

Wonderful, Sharon! Your work is always great and this card is no exception. Love the tropical feel you brought to it.

Kath said...

What a fun card.

Melinda said...

OMG! This card is amazing! I would never have thought to use that technique. 2 THUMBS UP!

Kathryne said...

I love it! Of course I love the stamp set too one of my favs!

lisa808 said...

Sharon, love, love, love your card!!! It is magnificent. Congrats on creating the sketch this week. Though, after seeing your amazing card, I'm intimidated to participate this time!

Carol said...

Love the card and the sketch Sharon....glad you stopped by my blog, i think i may have a go at your challenge!
i just hope we get some of the gorgeous things in the new catty when it's our turn in October :)

Carol xxx

~*~Stamp With Tess~*~ said...

Sharon, I really loved your sketch....it was so fun to use!! And your card is amazing!!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Sharon, I am loving this set more and more and find I am using it quite often. I may have to case this one, it is absolutely gorgeous, inside and out.

loyaz said...

Oh I love what you did with this. Great creation. TFS
DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net

sue grant said...

I love what you did with this stamp set and the technique used

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Wow...what a wonderful knock your socks off card!! Fabulous!!

Cheryl, Stampin' Up! Demonstrator said...

Wonderful work - I'm in JAX for summer myself!
Cheryl - new follower
http://CraftinMemories.blogspot.com

Lin Starks said...

Wonderful blog. Tag you're it! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks!
http://www.aaliyahsattic.blogspot.com

Ms said...

what a gorgeous card this is... This is one of my favorite new sets and you've made me love it all the more...thx for sharing your creativity

Angela said...

This looks so peaceful! I love it!

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful Card. Thanks for Joining CCT. Kim