Thursday, July 15, 2010

More Altered Swaps… did you get one of these ATC’s or Canvases?

Taking a giant leap of faith, I participated in a convention swap for ATC’s, ABC’s… only a giant leap of faith because I had only done a few ATC’s before, and my ABC (anything but a card) was to be an altered canvas.  At the risk of insulting my convention swapping partners at VC Rocks, I decided to join in the fun and step up to the challenge.  I’m hoping my swap partners liked both my ATC’s and my altered canvas :)  but who ever knows? 

This is the second ever altered canvas I have completed… my first one was a collaborative effort with my artsy friend Tee of Green Isles Crafts.. you can see that canvas posted HERE.  Want to see what I sent to my ABC convention swap buddies?  Here it is!

ABC_VC_Rocks_Convention_Altered_Canvas_Created_By_You

Major components here:  Newsprint Designer Series Paper (DSP), Vellum Butterfly Stamps:  Just Because, All A Flutter, and Artistic Etchings.  Lots of Golden mediums… hodge podge hardware, and flat backed pearls.  See that checkered/grid near the bottom?  That is tile backer fabric :) I borrowed it from my DH… well not exactly borrowed, kind of ripped it off the back of some of his tile! 

1altcanvsandP6220011

I added a silver toned flip flop charm at the bottom in the sand… and some stampin’ glitter too, and of course, can’t get enough of the vellum butterflies technique!  Don’t you love that vintage wallpaper embossing folder?  Here it is painted over.. tinted my white paint with pretty in pink re-inker.   I’ve actually made a third one which I will be sharing next week too.  Do you do altered canvases? What do you think of mine?

1altcanvbflyP6220010

ATC’s.. altered trading cards and miniature art pieces, card candy, or whatever you may want to call them… here are the two ATC’s I made for the swap.  The guidelines were more than two layers… in the first one, I used a variety of stamp sets, crystal brad, and popped up the letter U… 

 

1atcvcrocks_convention_Swap_createdbyyou Here’s the second one… again, a variety of stamp sets from stampin up, lots of color, newsprint designer series paper... a little faux stitching, and collaged stamping.  I just had to sneak a little butterfly in there too!  Which one do you like best?

1atcvcrocksP6220014

Can you believe tomorrow is Sketch Frenzy Friday again??  Wow.. hard to believe a week has already passed!  And Saturday I’ll be sharing another NEW tutorial…  Hope you’ll stop by again!

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

4 comments:

Pat (mspfd) said...

What inspiring creations! Your canvas is gorgeous! The addition of the tile backing is genius. A real show stopper. And I love your 2 ATC's... both are beautifully designed and such wonderful compositions.

Patty said...

The canvas and ATCs are beautiful!!! Very creative use of tile backing!

I am just getting around to commenting on the blogs I'm now following through Stampin' Connection. I invite you to follow me as well (if you are not already) at http://www.rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful day!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Yes..I do altered canvases. Haven't done one in a while and just got one out to do. I love yours.. how did you get the butterfly looking so realistic? I dont' have that stamp yet..so don't know how it would be colored. Good job on the ATC's too!! Love them all.. very creative.

Laurie Gibson said...

Wow! I just love all of these. I have never done an altered canvas but will definitely be adding it to my list :) It is so difficult for me to choose a fave between your ATC's - my grandmother was born in France so I am loving the Eifel Tower image but I am so partial to butterflies.....OY THE PRESSURE....LOL! I guess I just have to vote for both :)