Sunday, July 4, 2010

More Acrylic Block Stamping… Happy Independence Day!

I wanted to make something special for the Fourth of July Independence Holiday… something with stars, fireworks and all that jazz… but sadly never got around to it.  I did, however, make a couple more acrylic block stamping cards… and this one just happens to be in Red, White, and Blue!!

As you look at the card… is the bird on the outside looking in, or inside looking out?  Kind of like one of those tricky photos in highlights for children if you think about it!

1P6300081 

Acrylic Blocks were inked with Bashful Blue Classic Ink, and then stamped onto Whisper White Cardstock… different sized blocks created a random pattern on the cardstock… kind of fun!

Then, the large floral image from the Friends Never Fade stamp set was inked with the brush end of Stampin’ Write Markers in Old Olive, and Cherry Cobbler.  I love that Stampin’ Up! has provided us stampin’ write markers in all the colors, including in-colors.. it makes stamping so much fun!  Because I stamped the lighter colors with acrylic blocks first, the darker colors of Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive completely covered the Bashful blue ink of the window.

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Stamps:  Friends Never Fade, Apple Blossoms

Paper:  Basful Blue, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler Cardstock and Greenhouse Gala DSP

Classic Inks:  Pacific Point, Bashful Blue

Other Supplies:  Brushed Silver Brads, Large bird and branch punch, mat pack and piercing tool, big shot machine, modern label punch, Punch windows Movers & shapers, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, acrylic blocks

Did you know:  This month Stampin’ Up! is offering a very special opportunity for a very special group:  Former Demonstrators can re-join Stampin’ Up! for just $35.00.. Wow!!  Check out the Join My Team FAQ’s (tab at the top of this page) for more information.. I’d just love to have you on my team!!

If you’d like to order any of these supplies or more, please click on the shop online 24/7 tab at the top of my blog… and you’ll receive a special hand made thank you card from me too!

Next week I’ll be sharing lots more fresh and fun ideas for rubber stamping… but be sure to check back on Tuesday for a very special announcement too!

I hope you have a very blessed, safe, and happy Independence Day.. I hope you are spending time with family and friends! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

24 comments:

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Beautiful card Sharon. I love the acrylic block technique. I haven't thought about doing this in quite a while so thanks for the reminder. Happy 4th!

...Darlene said...

Sharon,
Great card as always your work is spot on! Have a Happy and safe 4th. Thank you for sharing.

Ola said...

This is a very beautiful card. I've never tried the acrylic block technique... but now I'm ready to try it out!

Happy 4th of July!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Yolanda said...

Beautiful card. I think the bird is looking in and wishing for some air conditioning LOL. The bird is gorgeous.

debb said...

Beautiful card! Love the bird in the window effect! happy 4th!

Cheryl said...

Very pretty! I love how it looks like the bird is next to a window.

Have a safe & happy July 4th week end!

Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

ooooo, so pretty!

Paula said...

Very pretty card. The detail in every aspect really make it beautiful. Have a great 4th of July.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

That looks like a fun technique, your card is gorgeous!

Brenda said...

Love your card Sharon. I really enjoy visiting your blog and viewing your creations. Have a great 4th of July.

JustYolie said...

Gorgeous card! Happy 4th!

Noelle's Corner said...

I love the card. How you did it was amazing. And it is a puzzle about which way the bird is looking. I can't tell.

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a great card. I love the bird and the embossed paper. TFS.

tagskie said...

hi.. just dropping by here... have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/

Teresa / Trees aWard in Digital Stamps said...

I am contestant #67 on this fabulous tour for such a good cause. Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy that I Did It Creations is sponsoring for the tour. Hugs Teresa xxx

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Absolutely beautiful... good job my dear..

Jackie L Watson said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors and thanks for another great card using your blocking technique. You rock girl

Marianne said...

Sharon,
Thanks for the new technique. I will need to try it tonight. I love how you put your card together.

Erika said...

Great card! Thanks for sharing.

Sandy said...

I've never thought of inking a block - cool idea!!! Cute card...love that bird!

Happy Independence Weekend!

rstuck2003 said...

beautiful card

helloholley said...

This card is so beautiful!!! I just love it....I hope you had a great 4th!!

Zoechaos said...

So glad you found us and shared this fab little scene with us at TT. One of our DT is a SU UK demonstrator so you know we are already fans. Hope we see you again soon. xx Zoe

Lizzybobs said...

Lovely Card love Liz