Thursday, July 8, 2010

Greenhouse Gala… do you still use eyelets?

Remember when the amazing Crop-A-Dile tool first hit the market?  It made attaching eyelets so very easy, without the hammering, banging, table vibrations and noise!  Just the other day I was reading a blog post where the author was trying to hammer quietly.. WHY??  I think she should buy a crop-a-dile tool from me LOL!
I’ve got two more new product card shares today… this first card features silently attached eyelets… for some reason, seldom seen on projects anymore.. I love eyelets… do you still use them?  The rock ‘n roll ink technique was also used on this card to add the image from “friends never fade” rubber stamp set.
1aP6240043
Stamping supplies: 
    • Paper and Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper
    • Stamps:  Friends Never Fade, Thank You Kindly
    • Classic Ink:  Early Espresso, Real Red
    • Accessories:  5/8” Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Brushed Silver Eyelets, mat pack and paper piercing tool, early espresso stampin’ Write marker, Crop-A-Dile tool
Card Two.. Sweet & Simple Artistic Etchings
P6150008
Stampin’ Up! Supplies:
    • Stamps:  Artistic Etchings, Thank You Kindly
    • Classic Ink:  Cherry Cobbler
    • Card Stock:  Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Whisper White
    • Accessories:  1/8” Tafetta Ribbon in Marina Mist, Flat Backed Self Adhesive Pearls from the Pretties Kit
Thanks for stopping by!  I’d love to know which card you liked best, and why!
Hugs,
Sharon
Pin It!

9 comments:

nana_cindy42 said...

Wow! What a striking card #1 is! I love that! I don't know how it was done, but it's something I would have done by hand painting all the spaces. #2 is very pretty, too. Very delicate.

Shari Winterstein said...

I don't have a favorite here - both are wow! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Fran said...

Sharon, I love the first card. It is so elegant looking. You do very nice work and I have cased some of your cards to show my club. I hope you don't mind. I really must get that set and the DSP. Thanks for sharing.

Deb Neerman said...

These are both so beautiful! Lovely work.

And I love the new color, Cherry Cobbler ... so striking here!

Patti C. said...

To answer your question: yes, I do
still use eyelets; they just have to fit the occasion of the card. I so enjoyed setting them the old way but I caved in got the crop-a-dile. It certainly is much easier & I am converted. Enjoy your work.

Jaime Benavides said...

Tag you're it! I'm now following your blog courtesy of Stampin' Connection & would love for you to stop by my blog & become a follower of mine...Thanks! http://www.scrapcrazydiva.blogspot.com
Adorable blog!

lisa808 said...

They are both lovely--I can't pick a favorite. I like the first one for the pretty bright colors and the second one for the new colors and ribbon.

And, yes, I still use eyelets. I actually never used them until I got a CAD!

cinmfoster said...

Great cards, the first is my favorite. It really pops out at out, really lovely. Will have to check out the "Rockn roll" technique. Thanks for sharing.

grandmalee said...

Oh my!!!! I adoore card #2!!! I love the lines of the medallion and your choice of red ink just really makes it pop! Fabulous!