Friday, July 30, 2010

Crazy Trifecta! Birthday, Blog Candy, and Sketch Frenzy Friday Challenge!!

frenzyfinal1-300x185cbyu

Well, no horses here.. but there are three significant events, I feel like I’ve crossed a finish line… and I’m celebrating all three events and giving away blog candy too!   I hope you had a chance to read the late post yesterday announcing that I’m giving away BLOG CANDY!!   I’m celebrating 300,000 blog hits… AND Today is My BIRTHDAY too!!!

But first things first… Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  You’ve probably arrived here from Ros Davidson’s cute blog, right?  I hope you left her a sweet and encouraging comment! 

This week’s challenge sketch is a lot of fun, and was created in My Digital Studio!  Now… what do you think we could do with this??

templateSFF0813

My take on the sketch challenge using the glossy ghost technique, Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, Basic Pearl Jewels,and my brayer:

SFF073010CreatedByYou_Sharon Field

The itty bitty punch pack really comes in handy when you’re trying to keep something from blending in with a patterned paper don’t you think? 

Stampin Up Supplies used for today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday Card:

Stamps:  Just Because

Ink:  Basic Black Classic Ink, Versamark Ink

Paper:  Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Basic Black and Glossy White Card Stock

Accessories:  Basic Black Satin Ribbon, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, Basic Pearls (YUM!), Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Big Shot Machine, Stampin Dimensionals, Tombow Multi Adhesive, Glossy Ghost tutorial, and Brayer :)

I read each and every comment left on my blog.. and recently was asked to show more of the insides of my cards… I’ve begun photographing the insides and will eventually migrate into posts that continually show both outside and inside card views/  Would you like to see the inside of this card?  Here it is!

SFFF0730CBYUSHaron Field

So back to the trifecta event!  First, we have Sketch Frenzy Friday… next, and some of you may already know this… today is my birthday!  And last, I’m celebrating reaching 300,000 blog hits… which would be an impossible feat without all of you!

To celebrate this event, I’m giving away blog candy… After you visit the other blogs on the Sketch Frenzy Friday Team, be sure to come back and to play along with sketch frenzy friday by uploading your sketch based card to today’s post too!  As an extra bonus, just because it is my BIRTHDAY, everyone who places an online Stampin’ Up! order of $50.00 or more through my online stampin up store TODAY will receive a free package of basic pearls in the mail from me!

Now.. on to the next Sketch Frenzy Friday Team Member: Susan Grant!  Please leave her a sweet comment, and remember, if you happen to get lost along the tour, the entire team list is in my side-bar!

Don’t forget to come back and upload your card by 5pm on Sunday… that’s when I’m giving away BLOG CANDY!

Oooh.. I just heard that my friend Gwen is giving away blog candy too.. check it out here:  GWENM

Hugs,

Sharon

 

Pin It!

27 comments:

Debbie Flattum said...

What a nice birthday present..a very successful blog!! Congratulations. I really like the use of the designer paper on your card. Very stunning!

lisa808 said...

Happy, happy birthday!!! Enjoy your day.

Another beautiful card.

Krista Driessen said...

Giving away a present on your birthday ! How sweet of you !!! Happy Birthday to you, have a wonderful day, love to you !

debb said...

Happy birthday! Hope your day is filled with joy!

Elaine said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations on the hits--just shows how fabulous your cards are! And HAPPY Birthday. I hope today is wonderful. :)

Sandra said...

very pretty!
Sandra
Thanks~

Kathryne said...

Happy Birthday and love the card too!

Pam said...

Your card is beautiful, Sharon!

RubyStampsToo said...

What a fun sketch, I can't wait to try it.

Ruby

RubyStampsToo said...

Oh, and:
Super Happy Birthday To You!!!

Memories by Brenda said...

Nice card Sharon!! Happy Birthday and congrats on the blog

Patrice said...

I don't think you can get a better Birthday Present than that, just knowing that so many people ENJOY YOU!, who you are, what you stand for, and your amazing abilities.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sharon! I'm gonna have to schedule a day trip around one of your events and come to one of them. Your creations always WOW! me.

hugs,

Carolyn Sharkas said...

OOps!! I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday and to Congratulate you on your blog success! Hope you have a wonderful birthday and so many more blog hits. Thanks for all you do.

hugs

for2nately said...

Hope you have a terrific birthday!
Elizabeth

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Very beautiful card...Now you're ready for August!! Happy Birthday!!

nana_cindy42 said...

I really like this card, esp what you did with the inside! You are amazing to keep coming up with so many great idea! Happy Birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sharon Happy Birthday and congratulations on your milestone hits to date. Your glossy ghost card is beautiful.
Gwynne
gwynne@stampsNpages.com

~*~Stamp With Tess~*~ said...

Ummm....beautiful card! I guess you didn't like my sketch?? LOL! It's the first time I have ever done one, so sorry if it was un-inspiring...Nice job on your own though! And your card is stunning!

MaryE said...

Sharon, Happy Birthday...may it be the start of a wonderful year! Also congrats on your blog hits...one of my favorite blogs. I'll be meeting you at the Stampcation....your neighbor just south of you in Gainesville.

Jeanna Bohanon said...

Happy Birthday. I love the way you interpreted the sketch...the card is beautiful and elegant!

Stampin with Kristy said...

Happy Birthday! I love the Elegant Soiree DSP. I've been finishing the insides of my cards too, and I think it just adds the perfect touch to "finish" it off.

Pat said...

WOW!!! I love this card , the sketch & your technique!!Beutiful work!!

jmniffer said...

How sweet of you to give something away on your birthday! Happy birthday... hope you get something crafty!
jmniffer at comcast dot net

Michelle Hoover said...

I've only discovered your blob recently and I love it! I certainly understand why you have so many hits! Thank you for sharing and happy birthday!

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Congratulations on both milestones Sharon. A successful blog and another year of joyful living! What more could a stamper ask for!! Well okay...diamonds, pearls, cruises, puppies or kittens and of course an endless supply of Stampin' Up product might also be on that list - LOL!

Thanks for taking time to spend part of your special day with all your blogging fans.

Hugs and prayers for birthday blessings to shower you and love and joy to enfold you. - Jean

stampingmadly said...

Lovely.