Monday, July 12, 2010

Clean And Simple.. Two Quick Cards

Every now and then I like to dabble in Clean and Simple (aka CAS)  cards.  Today I’m sharing two clean and simple cards with you!  Conveniently enough, a friend just told me that Splitcoast Stampers CAS75 challenge is dry embossing!  Guess what.. this first card is perfect for the CAS75 challenge too, hope you’ll play along!

This first card features whisper white and marina mist card stock… a little help from the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder, and the pretties kit!

 

1P6300082

Additional supplies:  Organdy Ribbon which was highlighted along the edge using a sponge dauber and Marina Mist Classic Ink, and the eyelet border punch

Next card.. just a couple more layers.. but still clean and simple, fresh and elegant, don’t you think?  This card features the Greenhouse Gala Designer Series Paper, and Watercolor Trio Rubber Stamp Set.

 

1P6300086

Again, I’ve added an organdy ribbon bow, and pretties kit flat backed pearls.  This card features Garden Green Cardstock and new Concord Crush Card stock and classic ink.  I love the lattice textured impressions folder… it lends a really vintage and classic look to cardstock!

See you tomorrow with another edition of the Cards ‘ N Things Challenge… you won’t want to miss this!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

16 comments:

lisa808 said...

Sharon, they are both gorgeous! The first was is so elegant. Also, love what you did with the ribbon. The second one is so very pretty. Your stamped flowers have a watercolored look and the pearls add a nice touch to the card.

Sandi said...

These are beautiful Sharon! I also wanted to thank you for the great tutorial on making the credit card holder. I am having a ball looking at all your great projects (haven't had time to stop by your blog in almost two weeks). Thanks for sharing your talent.
Hugs,
Sandi
gdailey@concentric.net

Shari Winterstein said...

I don't have a favorite this time - I love them both. The top one would make a beautiful wedding card and the bottom one would make a lovely birthday card.! Thanks for blessing my day. :)

jimlynn said...

BOTH are simply gorgeous! So very pretty.
Lynn

nana_cindy42 said...

As Shari said, "I don't have a fave". Both are so beautiful for different occasions. I love the elegance of #1 and I love #2 for 2 of my fave colors, the watercolor effect & of course the pretty flowers.

Brenda said...

Sharon, these are absolutely gorgeous - simple, but elegant. TFS

Pam said...

I love what you did with the ribbon on the first card ... I must try that!

Vicky W said...

These cards are beautiful & stunning Sharon! Love them both!

Jackie L Watson said...

I love your cards they are gorgeous. I just love your vintage cards. They are simple and lovely.

Pat (mspfd) said...

What very pretty cards!

Ms said...

absolutely gorgeous... The first one is just stunning and so simple...what a beautiful wedding card that could be.

I love the colors in the 2nd one...

Thank you for sharing your creativity

Cookie

stampingmadly said...

Beautiful cards, Sharon. I am partial to the first, love how you dyed the edges of the organza ribbon.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful cards. Love the dyed ribbon and will have to try that one. Thanks for sharing.

Firenze said...

Oh Sharon they are both so lovely - but the blue and white one took my breath away - wow - just beautiful. TFS!
Helen -- Firenze Cards

-- said...

These are both absolutely breathtaking! Thanks for sharing.

Deb Neerman said...

Hi there!
I came over to leave a comment on the One Layer Card you linked up with the Stamp Simply challenge, but I think you've posted the wrong link.
I've looked around a bit, but I can't find the One-Layer card ... I'm sure it was beautiful, though!

Thanks for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "One-Layer Card" challenge!