Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas in July.. Welcome Christmas One Card Two Ways!

Gosh, I love layers… as you can tell!  However, some prefer to keep it simple and use a minimal amount of layers on their cards, or Clean and Simple (CAS).  So, today, I’m going to show you two cards one way.  The focal image is the same on both cards, I’ve only changed the layers and the greeting.

Ok.. the first card using Love Letter Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up, and… LAYERS!!  I’ve even layered the ribbon on this card.  The background is textured using the lattice textured embossing folder, and each of the very vanilla cardstock layers are highlighted along the edges using a Riding Hood Red Stampin’ Write Marker as well.

P7200003WelcomeChristmaslayers

And.. through the magic of the internet… I’ve created a minimalist or CAS (Clean And Simple) version of the same card.  Of course you can guess which is my personal favorite… but which do you prefer?  Are you a CAS stamper, or do you opt for the more intricate layered designs?

P7200004WelcomeChristmasCAS

Stampin Up Stamps and Supplies Used for Today’s Card:

Stamps:  Welcome Christmas, Four the Holidays

Paper:  Love Letter Designer Series Paper; Old Olive & Very Vanilla Card Stock

Classic Inks:  Riding Hood Red, Old Olive

Accessories:  Lattice Textured Embossing Folder, Stampin ‘Write Markers, Mini Glue Dots, narrow and 5/8” grosgrain ribbon, Victoria Crochet Trim, Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Brushed Silver Brads

Love reading your comments, have a wonderful Sunday!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Diana said...

Now that I have time to leave a message, I am going back through all the blogs that I am following through SC, to wish you well. Thank you for sharing. God Bless.

Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Julie said...

What beautiful cards, thanks for showing two versions using the same stamp! I love the layers... but the other one is nice for a quick card too!

Anonymous said...

Wow... you always amaze me with your creative talent! I love how you put your heart and soul into your creative cards, so much more than just stamping on a single layer or two.. really can tell that you love what you do. I'd love to pick your brain just for one day!!

mmwilken said...

Your cards are beautiful!! I'm partial to Christmas cards and thank you for the great ideas!!

Donna said...

I am like you - more layers the better, but it is tough when you are teaching it and have to do "simple" - I always look at other peoples' designs to do the "simple" - personally I like the one with layers! {Smile} Thanks for sharing!

lisa808 said...

The first one gets my vote!

Rhonda said...

LOVE the layers!!! Both cards are beautiful, but I'm a layer lover! LOL