Monday, July 19, 2010

Challenges: a Cure for Stampers’ Block CC279 and SC289

Has it ever happened to you?  You can ink up the stamp, and stamp on paper.. but the perfect card just won’t materialize?  It’s called Stampers’ Block.. at least at my house it’s called Stampers’ Block!  You can spend hours and days surfing the internet looking for the perfect card to CASE (Copy and Share Everything)… but when it happens to me, generally throw all my stamps in the garbage.. JUST KIDDING.. What I usually do is turn to Card Making Challenges!

Challenges come in all types:  techniques, card sketches, colors, themes.. and tons more of things to stimulate your brain.  Sometimes I participate in blogger challenges.. but this weekend, I decided to take a look at what challenges were going on at the Splitcoast Stampers Challenge Forum.  This week I chose the Color Challenge CC279:  Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi, and Cherry Cobbler combined with a neutral, AND the SC289 Sketch. 

The CC279 color combo was quite a challenge for me.. I love all the colors in the challenge.. but together, not something in my comfort zone!!  Here is the card I came up with combining both CC279 and SC289 using the Just Believe Stamp Set from the 2010/2011 Idea Book & Catalog!

 

1aslctlcchall943970cbyu710

I’m really loving that new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (that’s a mouthful.. wonder who came up with that?)  I think I should start a trend calling it the DSRB Punch instead of Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.. what do you think?

Anyway, the punch is so easy to use, line up and achieve crisp clean punch results!  I know you’re seeing that owl punch all over the internet… And, yes I have the owl.. but the DSRB is still my favorite!

Did you happen to notice the tiny polka dotted paper daisy on the focal image?   It’s the smallest Daisy from the new Paper Daisies on page 188 of the 2010/11 Idea Book and Catalog.  I used my Cherry Cobbler Stampin’ Write Marker to add polka dots to it.  The tiny pearl center is from the Basic Pearls Jewels on the same page… pretty cool, aren’t they?  Here’s a close-up of the daisy, pearl, and DSRB Punch:

sc289tlc281createdbyu710close

Isn’t it fun?  The Just Believe stamp set is one of 5 FREE sets I earned from Stampin’ Up! this MONTH for sales and recruiting.. how cool is that?  Who can’t use 1, 2 or 5 a few free stamp sets?  It was certainly a pleasant surprise for me!

Tomorrow, I’ll be sharing another card designed for the Cards & Things Challenge with Krista.  I’ve really had a lot of fun as guest designer this month… it’s always fun to design and work with other talented stamp artists!  I hope you’ll check out the challenge and play along with us tomorrow…

Stampin Up! Supplies Used for today’s Challenge Card Share:

Stamps:  Just Believe

Card Stock:  Marina Mist, Cherry Cobbler, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White

Classic Inks:  Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist

Accessories:  Stampin Write Markers, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (aka DSRB), Mini Glue Dots, Paper Dasies, Basic Pearl Jewels, Tombow Mono Adhesive, Sponge Daubers

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon I just love your card. The colors, Just Believe and especially the DSRB Punch.

~ Michelle in Tennessee

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous card Sharon! Five free sets--Wow!!! Lots of new goodies to play with. Have fun.

Deb said...

Such a beautiful card. This is one of my favorite stamping sets from the new catalog.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

The colors, the design the new product...whatever...this card just makes me smile!