Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Cards & Things July Guest Designer!

I’m very happy to be playing along this month as a guest designer for the Cards & Things Challenges.. how fun!!  Each Tuesday during the month of July, I will share the Cards & Thing Sketch Challenge, the card I have created as Guest Designer, and a link so you can play along with Krista and the team!

Today’s sketch was so much fun to do… with a little help from my circle scissors plus and a few other Stampin’  Up! Supplies.  Scroll to the bottom of the post for the complete supply list… but first, here is the Cards & Things Sketch Challenge #39:

Sketch Challenge 39

Well.. you know me, I love layers… here’s my Sketch #39 Entry in Whisper White, Baja Breeze, and Early Espresso!

1kristachallengejuly39 The little vellum butterfly is popped up onto the central motif… a very easy technique to do, check out my tutorial for Vellum Butterflies.

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Stamps:  Charming, En Francais, All A Flutter

Paper:  Whisper White, Baja Breeze and Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango Cardstock, Greenhouse Gala DSP

Classic Inks:  Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Basic Black, Versa Mark

Accessories:  Pretties Kit, Mini Glue Dots, Early Espresso 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon, Circle Scissors Plus, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing Folder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder, Signo White Gel Pen, Heat Tool, Mat Pack and Paper Piercing Tool

I hope you’re inspired to play along with the Cards ‘N Things Sketch challenge and will stop by and say Hi! To Krista and the team!  Visit Cards ‘N Things Now.

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

20 comments:

Lori said...

Very nice! Blues and browns are my favorite color combinations.

Anonymous said...

OMG this card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I love how you used the Charming Stamp Set and now I'm off to check out that Vellum Butterfly Tutorial!! Thank you so much for your wonderful blog!!
Stampin' Hugs, Christina

Shari Winterstein said...

This is a gorgeous card. We need more inspiration to use our circle cutter scissors and this does the trick. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful card and I love your butterflies I need to try them out, when I get a chance.

Thanks for sharing.
Gale
gale.sewell@indwes.edu

Rosie said...

Beautiful card Sharon...love the color combo and the layout... you did an awesome job!

Sandi said...

This is so beautiful Sharon!! I can see why you are featured as a guest designer -- your work is so awesome. I "have to" get that butterfly stamp -- I love it.
Sandi Dailey
gdailey@concentric.net

lisa808 said...

Congrats on being Guest Designer!

Joanne Leddy said...

From one demo'r to another ... this is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, how beautiful this is! I love that color combo and love your embossing, and that focal piece is amazing! Gorgeous combo of stamping, ribbon and that vellum butterfly. Thanks for sharing this with us at TSTR!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I have loved checking out yours! This card is so beautiful. Love the colours!

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful! I love this color combination and your butterflies are wonderful! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

grandmalee said...

Stunning! Fabulous colors!

Nana said...

Very beautiful card. Love it!
Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week!
hugs Nana

Debbie said...

This is absolutely STUNNING!!! Great use of the new SU! supplies! Please be sure to link back to The Shabby Tea Room in order to be considered for the weekly prizes!

Tracey said...

Stunning card Sharon, I love everything about it :)

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Danni said...

Such a pretty, pretty card! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Nancy said...

Beautiful combo of stamps!! Lovely creation!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!!

Annika said...

Wonderful project! Fabulous stamping and layout and I love all your precious details, you really make everything so special. Thanks for playing at Stampin' For The Weekend, hope to see you back next challenge!
Hugs
Annika

Gunn (Merete) said...

Hello
This is so wonderful.Love the layout and the colors. This is really elegant.
Thanks for joining us at SFTW.