Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cards ‘N Things Guest Designer Challenge #41

Thanks for coming back today to check out my Cards ‘N Things Challenge #41 Submission!  This one gave me quite a time, with colors a bit out of my comfort zone!  I made four different cards before I was satisfied enough to submit my work as a guest designer!!  So.. if you’re ready… here is the Cards ‘N Things Challenge #41:

Kleuren Challenge 41

Yikes.. see what I mean??  I love pinks and browns together.. but Pumpkin Pie???  Krista.. what were you thinking??  But… after a couple failed attempts, here is the card I submitted as the Guest Designer this month!

1bkristakrischallenge720P7020004cbyu

I’ll share a couple of the other attempts with you tomorrow if you’re interested!! 

To make the floral background for this card, I marker’d a floral image from the Water Color Trio stamp set using… Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, and Chocolate Chip Stampin Write Markers.  After stamping the image onto Very Vanilla Cardstock, huffed warm air onto the stamp and stamped a second time which gave a paler impression of the image.  After repeating these steps 3 or 4 times, the stamped cardstock was run through my Big Shot machine using the dotted Textured Impressions Folder.. being sure to have the smooth side of the folder facing the stamped side of the cardstock.

Next, I used a brayer and Pretty In Pink Classic Ink Pad to brayer the smooth side of the Dotted Textured Impressions Folder.  This step was repeated several times until the desired intensity was reached.  After placing a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock inside the Impressions Folder, it was run through the Big Shot Machine.  Both Brayer and Textured Impressions Folders were easily cleaned with inexpensive baby wipes.

The focal image was inked as in step one, and then stamped onto the Very Vanilla Cardstock and then placed in the Dotted Textured Impressions Folder (stamped image facing the smooth side of the folder) and run through the Big Shot too.

I know several of you have asked how I make my bows… some have even asked for a tutorial… but it is so simple!  The bows are tied in the same manner in which my DH taught our children to tie their shoes… grab each end and make a loop.. once you have two loops or “bunny ears” wrap one bunny ear around the other and then down into the hole formed when you wrapped them around!  The kids picked it up really quick, and loved reciting the bunny ear mantra when tying their shoes too!

Stampin’ Supplies:

Stamps:  WaterColor Trio

Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip

Classic Ink Pads:  Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink

Accessories:  Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose and Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 5/8” Tafetta Ribbon in Chocolate Chip, Dotted Textured Impressions Folder, Big Shot, Mini Glue Dots

So now, I hope you’ll visit the Cards ‘N Things Sketch Challenge Blog and play along with Krista and the team using the inlinkz tool!  Be sure to tell them I said Hello… Visit Cards N Things Sketch Challenge Now

Order these and more Stampin’ Up! supplies by clicking on the Shop Online 24/7 Tab at the top of the blog.  PS if you don’t see the tab you may need to clear your cookies from your computer as I recently did a major blog update!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Leonie said...

Oh Oh Oh Sharon

this is gorgeous - luv it!

No wonder they asked you to be guest designer :)

Krista Driessen said...

Hey Sharon, what I was thinking ?? LOL, I love these colors together, but it was a difficult one for you ;-) You did such a great job with this card, LOOOOOVE it !

Lori Burkitt said...

Oh, my! Very, very pretty!

stampinsue said...

Lovely, Sharon! I'm going to have to CASE and show a sample at my next stamp camp - I hardly recognized the set!

Penny Hanuszak said...

What a stunning card Sharon. Absolutely love the texturizing and detail. TFS!

loyaz1 said...

I absolutely LOVE your creation. Thank you so much for sharing and for the inspiration.
DianeL
loyaz1@wbhsi.net