Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Cards N Things Guest Designer Challenge #40

Good Tuesday morning to all of you!  I’m back again this week with another Cards ‘N Things Challenge!  If you haven’t been following along, each Tuesday during the month of July, I will be sharing my submission as a guest designer for the Cards ‘N Things Challenge.

Here is the Cards ‘N Things Sketch Challege #40…

Sketch Challenge 40

Well, I took a little liberty with this one, and kind of went crazy with my Pretties Kit too!  Here is my Cards ‘N Things Challenge #40 submission, what do you think?1kristachallengejuly40

I can tell you it was just a little tricky doing that faux stitching in a circle!  I found that if I used my mat pack and paper piercing tool to move slowly around the scalloped circle and punching 1 or 2 holes at a time it worked quite well.. but sure do wish Stampin’ Up! would come out with a mat pack circle template… hmm.. I had better email them the suggestion right now :)

Stampin’ Up! Supplies:

Stamps:  Elements Of Style, Friends Never Fade, Sanded, En Francais, Occassional Quotes

Classic Inks:  Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, River Rock

Paper:  Early Espresso, Whisper White,  Pear Pizzaz Card Stock, and Greenhouse Gala DSP

Accessories:  Sizzix Scallop Circles #2 Die, Circle Scissors Plus, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Pretties Kit, Mini Glue Dots, Pear Pizzaz and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Markers, Signo White Gel Pen, Very Vintage and Dotted Textured Impressions Folders, sponge daubers

I know you must be eager to view the rest of the samples created by the Cards ‘N Things Design team by now!!  There is an inlinkz tool on the site to play along, I hope you’ll give it a whirl too!  Visit: Cards ‘N Things Challenge.

I look forward to reading your comments… and hope you’ll come back to visit again tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Dee Tollaksen said...

It is a lovely card, Sharon, beautiful. I have used a plastic canvas to guide a circle for faux stitching. I think they are made for creating coasters. Works great!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, agree with the round stitching. Imagine if you actually stitched it. It would have been difficult as well and slow.

Great job.

Gale
gale.sewell@indwes.edu

Anneke said...

Lovely card, I like the colors and the "stitches"!!

Teressa Thompson said...

Way to ROCK that challenge! I too have a plastic canvas circle to punch in a circle. It's a little awkward because the holes are so much larger than you need so it's easy to get off in the alignment. Not like the SU pack where the holes are perfectly aligned.

Cynthia said...

This is gorgeous! The stitching sure makes it, and the pearls! A wonderful wedding or anniversary card for sure.
Cynthia

laury55 said...

love your card..it is so elegant

Jessica Ying said...

what a beautiful work...
just started following ...
mine is www.yoyostamping.com