Thursday, July 22, 2010

Artistic Etchings… Another Introductory Brayer Class Card

With a little dazzle and sparkle too!  This card is part of the introductory brayer classes here in Jacksonville, Florida this month and next.  Featuring the Artistic Etchings and Lovely as  A Tree Stamp Set, it’s a perfect Parisian Winter scene!  Snow was even added to the Eifel Tower… doesn’t the whole scene have a calm and serene allure, emit silence and romance?  I think it would make a great romantic invitation to a secret anniversary rendezvous, don’t you?

P7150027

The smaller photo corner punch was added to the lower left of the image, and then I added NEW Basic Rhinestone Jewels from page 188 of the 2010/11 Stampin’ Up! Idea Book and Catalog.  I’m really loving both the Basic Rhinestone and Classic Pearl Jewels… they come in three sizes and 150 per package (50 each) for just $4.95… be sure to stock up, as I expect these to fly out of inventory!!

I’m counting the days until my DD arrives home from China!  She has been quite global for the past year.. studying in three different universities around the world!  Talk about living vicariously through your kids!  My DH and I have never been to Europe, and it’s been a real treat listening to her tales, receiving postcards, and small packages.  We’re also very thankful for Skype and the electronic age, which allows us to speak with her almost daily… now if our DS could just figure out how to use Skype… (he’s the brainiac child, so I’m not buying it, how about you?)

So.. here’s our DD in Mutianyu, walking along the Great Wall of China… 

1greatwallP1060180-1kcbyu

 

and posing, on the train with a pork bun…  1mutainyuP1060188-1gwckcbyu

I’ve got so many more photos.. but don’t to outwear my welcome on your pc… but it will be good to have her home again!

Stampin’ Up Supplies Used in Today’s Brayer Class Card:

Stamps:  Lovely As A Tree, Artistic Etchings

Ink:  Bashful Blue, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Basic Gray, Basic Black

Accessories:  Photo Corner & 1” circle Punch, Brayer, Signo White Gel Pen, Stampin’ Sponges, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, post it notes, Tombow Mono Adhesive

Did you figure out which card from Monday’s post was part of the introductory brayer class line up?  Guess you’re going to have to sign up for the next class to find out!

Hugs,

Sharon

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

 

Pin It!

5 comments:

Sandra said...

very cool!
Sandra

jenny said...

I'm signing up for the brayer class, can't wait!! It really looks like a lot of fun!

ArtisticInkspirations said...

When I get a new car can I come visit and you teach me all your magical brayer cards??They are GORGEOUS!!!

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous card!!! Now you have to book a trip so you can visit the Eiffel Tower. Good to hear your daughter will be back home soon.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Never fear you are welcome on my PC anytime...lol! What a beautiful card (beautiful daughter too but that's a story for another time) that's so perfectly CASEable now that I have those stamp sets.

Sons always have an excuse don't they...unfortunately without Skype its going to be hard to hear them right??