Sunday, July 18, 2010

Antique Brads complete this fun Challenge Card!

Do you enjoy doing challenges?  It can be a lot of fun taking an initial sketch and improvising along the lines to make it your very own design!  Today’s card share started as just that.. a sketch and challenge for the Late Night Stampers’ Group, LNS79.  The original sketch had half a top note die cut attached to the left side of the card, and a large heart covering the right side of the top note die cut.  I think there was a sentiment in the lower right corner too.

My box of new Stampin’ Up! Supplies had just arrived, with GORGEOUS, MUST HAVE Antique Brads, Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper, and 5 new FREE stamp sets I had earned from Stampin Up!  Now who needs more inspiration than THAT?  What fun!

So, in a bustle and a whirl, with new supplies all around, almost magically…. this card came together, loosely based on LNS79!

LNS79 Created By You Card by Sharon Field

While I have to tell you I definitely drooled over the new Antique Brads on page 187 of the 2010-11 Idea Book & Catalog… holding and touching them in person is way cool!!  There are 5 different designs in the package, and as you pull them out of the container, each one just gets better and better!!!  These brads are like fine antique buttons, metal (not plastic) with deeply etched designs, antiquing and detail.  I knew I was going to like them, and ordered two containers when I placed my first order for the new IB&C… and they’re going on my next order too!

As a demonstrator, I receive a healthy discount on the supplies I use at my classes and events… and since this is my only job, I really had to be conservative when placing the new catalog order.  Overall, I am extremely satisfied with the quality, designs, and choices I made on that order… the Elegant Soiree paper has a fine and elegant ‘hand’ (fabric term).. no wimpy and flimsy paper here!

BTW… have you fallen in love the antique brads yet?  I know, I know.. enough already… but look at it up close!!

antiquebradcbyu717

The non-DSP flower layers were embossed using textured embossing folders: Perfect Polka Dots, and Square Lattice… just added a little ‘something’ to the die cuts, don’t you think?

Word Play, the stamp set used on this card was one of five I earned for free!  The stamp set has expressions for just about every occasion.. including “You mean the world to me”, “you’re in my thoughts and my heart”, and “happy I do day” to name just three of the 12 expressions!  The wood mounted set retails for $41.95, and the clear mount retails for $28.95… but I got mine free.. isn’t that way cool??

Are you ready to make this card?  It’s quick and easy, to put together too… and of course all the colors match and go together so well… that’s something stampin up specializes in.. matching cardstock, ribbon, inks, and more!

Stamping Supply List for today’s Challenge Card:

Stamps:  Word Play

Papers:  Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, and Soft Suede Card Stock; Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper

Exclusive Stampin Up Sizzix Dies:  Blossom Party, Island Floral, Top Note

Accessories:  Antique Brads, Textured Impressions Folders – Perfect Polka Dots and Square Lattice, Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker, 1” circle punch, stampin’ dimensionals

Looks like I’ll be adding another Introduction to Brayer class to my schedule next month… too many people, too little time!  Be sure to watch for the class and sign up early!  And, remember you can shop online for all the stampin up supplies you see here today at my online stampin up store!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Penny Hanuszak said...

Sharon I just love reading your posts. Your card was gorgeous as always, but it's your prose that grabs me. I love the way you detailed about the brads and all the free stuff you got, and how much fun you're having! No wonder you're so successful - you go girl!

Susan said...

Just beautiful, love the close up of the brad!! Very pretty!

inkedx2 said...

Sharon ~ I have to agree with you about the brads. I fell in love with them when I first saw them. They will be on my next order!

Robbie

Ms said...

That brad is gorgeous...darn, now there's something more I MUST have....lol...... Thanks for sharing your creativity