Sunday, July 11, 2010

100 ATC’s For Autism

ATC’s… small 2 1/2” x 3 1/2” artist trading cards, and miniature works of art meant to be traded, not bought or sold.  ATC’s were originally introduced to the rubber stamping and art community in 1996 in Switzerland.  The art of ATC’s and trading has grown to encompass mixed media, dimensional art, and techniques… far beyond the original concept.
Until recently, I had never made an ATC… yes, I had seen them floating around at Stampin’ Up! Conventions, Leadership, and other gatherings… and although they intrigued me as miniature works of art, I had never attempted to make them.
And then, a month or so ago, an online friend asked for help, I quickly agreed to create 100 ATC’s for Autism… and two days later they were off to Pensacola to benefit an Annual Autistic Boys Camp Event.  Today, and I’m sharing the 10 ATC designs which were sent… I’d love to hear which ones were your favorites.  (Please be kind, it’s my first attempt at ATC’s)
Here we go!

A nature collage                                                                  P6150026 

                                     

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I get by with a little  help from my (furry) friends…

P6150030

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There’s a little bit of magic turtle and butterflies…                                         P6150029
                                

                              

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A postcard collage

P6150033

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Courage nest and bird…                                                                   

P6150025

                               

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s a boy’s camp.. got to have a rock star!

P6150034

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Red Hot Guitar…    brayered for fun                                                     
P6150031

                                   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And a very special feathery hello!
P6150022


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I made more ATC’s for a swap recently, and look forward to sharing them with you later this month, along with the swaps I received too… Please leave a comment and tell me if you’d like to see more ATC’s… you know they make great start points for cards too!
Tomorrow, I’ll be sharing more creative cards and rubber stamping… I hope you’ll stop back by!

Edited 7/12 to add more information about Autisimpensacola.org 
Tammy Mendiola is the Program coordinator for the Pensacola Autistic Boy's camp and shared this information with me via email:   Our camp is called "Kids for Camp" and is a 6-week summer learning lab that combines training for teachers in our two-county area and an educational program for children with autism from age 2 - 22.  We have lots of great projects planned for our campers this summer! 



Hugs,

Sharon
Pin It!

13 comments:

Vonnie said...

I am very impressed with your accomplishment. One-hundred ATC were completed and sent in two days! Wow that is so wonderful. You are so creative and you helped a wonderful cause.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

They're all really great. It's really hard to decide, but I think I like the bird, nest and courage one the most. Really like that quote too. Would love to have you share some more with us. I've seen ATC's around quite a bit too, but never done one either. They look like lots of fun. After seeing how nice yours turned out, you,ve inspired me to give them a try. Great cause you did them for, too. :) Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

Beautiful ATC'S and for a GREAT cause :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower...I'm becoming a follower of your blog, too:)

Sarah Anderson said...

Wow, that's a LoT of ATCs, but for a great cause. Love the ones you've shown here, and thanks for coming by my blog :)

Terri Sproul said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your ATC - you did a great job. Stop back by soon!

Karen said...

Sharon,

I love your ATC's. I wish more SU demo's would swap them.

check out my blog
www.papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com

Cathleen McSorley said...

I honestly cannot pick just one as my favorite. They are beautiful. How on earth you completed 100 is beyond me. LOL Thanks for sharing your hard work
Cathleen McSorley

Ms said...

these are just wonderful.... you are such an amazingly creative person. Thank you for sharing your creativity

lisa808 said...

I've never made ATCs either. Thanks for the bit of trivia on the introduction of them. My two favorites are the 'John Lennon' and 'Lou Reed' ones.

Susan Carlson said...

Great to see a demo doing ATCs. I haven't heard much about them in the SU! community. We ought to seek out a corner of the ATC market : ) Your ATCs look great! And you're right, they do make a great starting point for cards.

Susan Carlson said...

Great to see a demo doing ATCs. I haven't heard much about them in the SU! community. We ought to seek out a corner of the ATC market : ) Your ATCs look great! And you're right, they do make a great starting point for cards.

cinmfoster said...

Great ACT's. Love the rock star.

Carol said...

GREAT ATCs for your first attempt and what a wonderful cause they're going to! I would be hard-pressed to pick a favorite . . . I do like the collaged ATCs, though!