Friday, June 25, 2010

Welcome To Sketch Frenzy Friday!!

Welcome to another edition of Sketch Frenzy Friday!  This weeks’ sketch is really fun, and features the Top Note Die! I know a LOT of you own this die, so I really hope you’ll play along and add your interpretation of the sketch at the bottom of today’s post!
Here is the sketch for today’s edition of Sketch Frenzy Friday, designed by our very own Brenda Taylor!
sketch challenge 1-001
So.. you see the top note die… it’s cut off a bit to fit on the left side of the card, right?  Well the nice thing about sketches is that there really are no rules.. you can change it up, step it up or down… (you’ll see when it’s my turn to create the sketch, I did something very, very basic).
So.. here’s my card done with the sketch… what do you think?
1asffP6249946
Colors:  Early Espresso, Whisper White, and Baja Breeze.  The background paper is a piece of designer series paper from the new Greenhouse Gala DSP pack.  I ran it through my sizzix big shot machine using the vintage wallpaper embossing folder (the design is concave on this side).. and then sanded off some of the paper to reveal the white tones beneath.. I’m thinking this paper would make a great winter card… I can almost see the snowflakes, can’t you?
The top note die was stamped with the En Francais large format background stamp, new 1/8” ribbon tied along the bottom of the card, and a little double row of faux stitching using my mat pack.  I used a very special, new technique behind the flower focal image… that technique will be shown in tomorrow’s post, so I hope you’ll check back.
Next stop along the Sketch Frenzy Friday tour:  Susan Grant  be sure to give her a warm welcome, she’s new to the group.. tell her I said hi too!  The tour doesn’t officially start until 9amEDT… and I know I’ve got some early-birds here.. so if you want to check out the individual blogs, simply click on the Sketch Frenzy Friday member names on my left side bar!
Check back tomorrow for a new but very quick and easy tutorial.
Hugs!!

Your turn! Simply upload your sketch card to an online gallery (such as splitcoaststampers) or blog and click on the inlinkz icon to add!


Technorati Tags: ,,,,,
Pin It!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. what a fun card! I can't wait to see how you did that background technique and look forward to tomorrow's post!
Angie

Pam said...

Very, very pretty, Sharon! Outstanding job! Love it all!

KelliStamps4U said...

Very pretty! I love the new color combos!!

Melinda said...

Great job! Your card is excellent!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card,Sharon! You're one very talented lady!
Becca

Shari Winterstein said...

Thanks for the neat tutorial using DSP. I love that new paper and you've given me a whole new dimension! ;) Thanks for blessing my day. :)

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Beautiful!! And you say you have prob. with BLUE.. NOT!!

Angela said...

This is very pretty! I'm so glad Baja Breeze is coming back!

lisa808 said...

Great take on the sketch. And, yes, I do see the snowflakes.

Kathryne said...

Great card love the background!

Tammy said...

Love the card! Your work always amazes me!

Laurie Gibson said...

Awesome card, Sharon. I love how you embossed the DSP. I always seem to focus on regular cardstock with those folders - thanks for the inspiration :)