Friday, June 18, 2010

Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday and my Blog Make-Over!!

frenzyfinal1-300x185cbyu
My blog make-over is still a work in progress… but I hope you like the changes thus far!
Welcome to Sketch Frenzy Friday!  I’m very excited to be a part of this creative group… and I hope you’ll join us by linking your very own sketch interpretation at the end of this post too!
Here’s today’s sketch:
Card
And… here are two views of my sketch entry!  I used the Faux Denim technique to create the upper (Night of Navy) denim piece… Whisper White and lovely new Cherry Cobbler Cardstock.
Friends Never Fade Denim and Pearls
Silver metal brads with half back pearls, faux stitching, and Vintage Wallpaper Textured Embossing folder were all used on this card… Reminds me of my DD wearing pearls with her blue jeans… fresh and fun, clean and simple, young and fun.  (Just like my DD!)
Couldn’t stop there.. I just HAD to do the inside of the card… a leftover piece of the faux denim embellished cardstock, and stamped image inked with cherry cobbler classic ink… what do you think?
Friends Never Fade Inside View
The stamp set used on today’s Sketch Frenzy Friday card was “Friends Never Fade” which will be available July 1 in the NEW Idea Book & Catalog… you’re going to love the new catalog, contact me to reserve your very own personal copy!!
The Sketch Frenzy Friday crew operates kind of like a mini blog hop…. so from here, you’ll be visiting Tammy Baldwin’s blog:  Creative Apple Scrampers.
If you want to go back to the beginning of the tour, you can click HERE to visit Angela’s Blog!
I’d love to see your sketch interpretations too… simply use the link below to upload your creations directly from your blog, gallery, or even Splitcoaststampers!  Everyone who uploads their sketch will be entered into a special June 24th drawing for BLOG CANDY too!  (It’s a secret… I’m not going to tell you what it is… just that it is Stampin’ Up! merchandise, and it’s valued at more than $30.00)
Hugs,
Pin It!

18 comments:

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

If you're having problems moving through the tour, use the Sketch Frenzy Friday list on my sidebar to check them all out! Thanks for stopping by!

Ros Davidson said...

Sharon, I love your card, great faux denim.

Memories by Brenda said...

Welcome to the group and great card! I love your colors

Melinda said...

Your faux denim rocks!!!! I love the colors on this card! Great job!

Tammy Baldwin said...

I LOVE your card! Welcome to the group!

Pam said...

Sharon, I adore your card! It's WONDERFUL!

Tina said...

Welcome to the group! Lovely card, TFS!
Tina
tinataves.blogspot.com

Rose said...

Love your blog makeover, Sharon! Love your card, too! super duper cute!

Kathryne said...

Love this card!

stampinsue said...

Love it, Sharon. How do you do the faux denim? I've not seen it before. Please share.

ArtisticInkspirations said...

Boy..looks like you REALLY got out the sewing machine!! Very nice color combos... as usual...you're so good.

Angela said...

I LOVE this card! The faux denim is awesome with the red!

Anonymous said...

Wow.. Love this card Sharon, all your work is so beautiful! Love the blog update too. Great Job, my friend! -- Susan (you know who)

Nancy Legate said...

C@@L! LOVE IT! Absolutely gorgeous! Nancy l :^)

Elizabeth said...

Love, love, love your card...inside and out! It's fabulous!

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Everything about your card is great, Sharon. Very nice job, and thanks so much for sharing it!

Kim said...

I absolutely love it!

lisa808 said...

Congrats on joining the Design Team. I just posted my take on the sketch.