Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Welcome to the First Wednesday Card Club!!

Ah, we always have so much fun at the First Wednesday Card Club… and this week we have a special guest, Michelle from Nashville, Tennessee!  Michelle has been following my blog for a while, so it’s going to be really fun to have her join the card club today!

We’ll be making two cards… an easel card featuring the vellum butterflies and sponged sky technique I showed you last week… (Original post and tutorial may be found HERE.)

Here is the closed view of the butterfly card we’ll be making… the new textured embossing folder adds a little fun to the card front, don’t you think?  The sponged and embossed sky shows up a lot better in this photo than it did in my tutorial!

P6010004

Here’s a photo of the opened easel card… before I added the second vellum butterfly LOL.. it looked really plain and lonely!!

P5310002

The second card we’ll be making in today’s First Wednesday Card Club is a square card… I know, I know.. more postage!!  But I just couldn’t fit all the elements onto one little 4.25 x 5.5 card!!  We used the pretties kit flowers, build a brad, and of course that new yummy textured embossing folder too!

P5310003

The pretties kit is of course, on the retired product list.. DSP featured here is Island Oasis.  Lots of bright and fun colors.

Hope you liked today’s card club shares, tomorrow I’ll share another Island Oasis Card, and the special surprise gifts I gave to my special club members.. see you then!

Hugs,

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. those are really pretty and fun cards
--Lee

Anonymous said...

I just found your wonderful blog, and am really enjoying all the beautiful cards you share! Really a step up and fabulous original art work!
Stamping Hugs,
Amy