Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vintage Wallpaper.. Because I Care! and More Quarter Sheet OSW Samples to share!

Wow.. I’ve had a phenomenal response to the Quarter Sheet One Sheet Wonder Tutorial posted earlier this week!!  Everyone is having so much fun with this quick and easy tutorial, and some of my demo friends have even emailed me some of their beautiful samples!!  Although my tutorial included hand stamped DSP, others have taken my suggestion and used DSP to make the same cards…. Click on the items below to check out these sites and samples… you’ll be pleasantly surprised!

                   Nancy Dawson

                  Pam Browne

                   The Original Quarter Sheet Wonder Tutorial

You’ve probably been seeing the Because I Care Hostess Level One stamp set all over the place by now… an maybe even the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder as well.  Last week, while trying to get my stampin’ mojo going, and seeking inspiration, I found it in the “Because I Care” stamp set!

Here is the card created with these two fabulous items:

2P6120021

Don’t you absolutely LOVE the new embossing folder?  The deeply embossed cardstock really adds a LOT to an otherwise plain card! 

Colors used in this card:  Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, and Wild Wasabi.  The narrow ribbon is also a new item in the new catalog… I’m staying awake at night trying to come up with new ways to use it LOL!

Here’s another card where I’ve embossed a square of Cardstock Vellum with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.  After faux-stitching along the Pink Pirouette Cardstock, flat back pearls were added as an accent.

2P6120017

A second embossing folder (dotted) was used along the bottom of the 4” x 5 1/4” card front (whisper white)… just added a quick little extra to the card, don’t you think?

Here’s a tip:  Do you know how to tell if your vellum cardstock is very, very old?   Sometimes it will discolor or yellow.. but it can also dry out… so much so that when you attempt to emboss it, it will crack!  THEN, it’s time to buy some new vellum cardstock!  LOL!

See you tomorrow, I think I’m going to share some more butterflies, if you can stand it!

Hugs,

Pin It!

6 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

I really like the softness and sweetness of both of these cards. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

jimlynn said...

Beautiful cards! Everytime I see the Because I Care" set, it just gets prettier and prettier. Like that new embossing folder too.
Lynn

Laurie Gibson said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your cards, Sharon. I also love the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder. I can't get enough of it :) I just couldn't bring myself to cover it up :) Thanks for the inspiration to make some pretty simple cards with it!!!

lisa808 said...

Your hydrangea is beautiful.

stampingmadly said...

Beautiful, Sharon. I love the embossed vellum

Firenze said...

Oh both so pretty - that EF is a must! TFS
Helen -- Firenze Cards