Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vellum Butterfly Collage… and another butterfly card too!

Not too sure where this color combination came from… the cardstock just must have been lying on the table in my stampin studio!  Certainly an odd color combination, but it does seem to work!  The card base is Night of Navy, and it is topped with Pumpkin Pie and Sage Shadow.  Lots and Lots of ink colors were used, along with a wide assortment of stamps… charming, paradise, elements of style, flores suaves, all a flutter, and thank you kindly!

1P6060029

Aha… so this is a more traditional color combination.. basic black, whisper white, rich razzleberry, old olive.  Just two stamps used here:  dot dot dot, and Flores Suaves.  Ha ha… the inspiration for this card actually came from the old olive and basic black checkered grosgrain bow.  The bow was made for another project some time ago… but just didn’t work…. so it went in my stampin’ collage pile… until it found a new home on this card!

2P6120036

Hope you participated in the sketch frenzy friday link upload!  Anyone who uploaded a card based on the sketch posted last Friday will be eligible to win the blog candy prize!  BUT you’ve got to upload your sketch interpretation to be entered…  I’ drawing a winner tomorrow!

Hugs,

Pin It!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you think of these things?? I'm amazed at your talent and creativity!!

lisa808 said...

Really like the second card. The design and colors came together to make a gorgeous card.

Chanda Stehlik said...

This is so pretty! I just love everything about it! TYFS!

chanda
bellevuestampingclub.com

Karen said...

I love your Vellum butterfly cards.

Looking forward to looking at your blog frequently.

follow me at

http://papercreationsbykaren.blogspot.com/

nana_cindy42 said...

I do, too, love your butterfly cards. I was going to say I like the 2nd one better, but I like both of them for different reasons. Sage green is one of my fave colors. But I like the colors of the 2nd, too. The butterfly in #1 is striking! I can't wait to start stamping with my new 'blog candy' winnings! Just haven't had time, and now I'm going to NH for 2 weeks. Well, gotta go to bed. It's 3am & I have to get up at 5. Wide awake now, but won't be at 5 if I even manage to sleep! I'll try to remember to vote when I get to my sister's.