Saturday, June 26, 2010

Try a New Technique: Acrylic Block Stamping! And 4 Cards too!

Clear mount blocks are good for much more than mounting stamps!  I just couldn’t help it… just before I put my clear mount blocks away in my stampin’ studio… it came to me:  Why not stamp with them?  That was just the beginning… and I now have a new appreciation for my Clear Mount Stamps and Blocks!

First, you’ll need to gather your supplies:1ablockstmapinP6240025

    • Classic Stampin’ Pad
    • Clear Mount Acrylic Blocks
    • Cardstock

Whew… what a list!!

 

And here you go:

Ink up your clear mount acrylic block with classic ink…   and then stamp on your cardstock!1ablockstampinP62400281aP6240037

And you’ve got a stamped image!!

1aP6240041

Really quick, Clean and Simple… FOUR cards using the Paradise Stamp Set and my clear mount blocks as stamps! 

The first one uses different block sizes…

2P6120019

A second one using a smaller block and the new yummy Crumb Cake Classic ink to stamp the background for the leaf image.

2P6120025

A third card using the same quick and easy clear block technique:

2P6120023

 

And one more… using the long, narrow clear mount block and “I’m so glad it’s back” River Rock Classic Ink

2cbyuP6120006

So.. hey, imagine the possibilities… Clear Mount Acrylic Blocks… they’re not just for stamp mounts… they’re for stamping too!

Hugs,

Pin It!

30 comments:

Peg Coombes - pegcraftalot said...

What a brillian idea! only a couple of weeks ago I cut out a rectangle from a bit of paper and sponged through it.... doh....

Anonymous said...

How do you come up with these things??? I love it!! Kelli :)

Nancy Dawson said...

Too cool! Great way to sell and disply the acrylic blocks. Thanks so much

Kim Mullin said...

Great idea. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Ann said...

Wonderful idea!! Thanks for sharing with us!

Kris Sobolik said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Kris Sobolik
ksobolik@hotmail.com
www.maddiebugdesigns.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

I love stamping with my blocks - makes a great background stamp as you have shown in your lovely examples!! One thing I remember to do is then wash my blocks with dish soap so that residue comes off and I am to retain the cling on my stamps.

Lauren Y, said...

very neat! TFS!

Chanda Stehlik said...

Oh, my gosh! This is the coolest thing ever!!! I never would have thought to do that! Great idea! Thanks for sharing it with us!

chanda stehlik
www.bellevuestampingclub.com

p.s. Following you! :)

Anonymous said...

Very very neat. Will have to give that technique a try. Thanks for sharing.

Pam said...

What a terrific idea! Thanks for sharing, Sharon!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen anything like this.. it's brilliant!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creativity! Hugs, Christina

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Yeah! I was right - LOL! Great idea - it always helps to have multi uses for them to help upsell them and it looks great - adds so much to the card. Definitely an idea to case. TFS!

Cynthia Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

EmilyB said...

well, well! whoda thunk? Great idea! So excited to share this with my stamping ladies! They will think I'm so very smart. (okay, okay, I'll give you credit!)

Diane J Ouellette said...

Fantastic! And...I used your quarter sheet tutorial with Raspberry Lemonade paper (the one showing on your site turned over!) with Pretty in Pink and Crushed Curry cardstock and ink. They came out sooo nice! Thank you for sharing. I am sure to try this too!

Tammy Clarke said...

What a great idea, TFS.

Laurie Gibson said...

Whodathunkit??? I love this!! I panic everytime I see ink on my blocks and have to clean them right away - not any more!!! Thanks so much for being so creative - so I don't have to :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow... what a brilliant idea!! Why didn't I think of using my clear blocks as stamps.. oh but, you did that for me!!! Thanks a lot!!
Julie

Sarah Newman said...

What a brilliant idea! I'm going to have to try it out! Thanks!
Love your blog, by the way!

lisa808 said...

Great idea!!!

nana_cindy42 said...

Neat! These would also make a great assortment of pictures for wall art!

Ms said...

I agree with all the previous comments. I think you need an award for this ingenious idea... a million kudo's to you.... thanks for sharing your creativity

Mary C said...

What a neat idea - can't wait to try this one.

Melissa said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

liz said...

Very smart. Thanks for sharing :)

Liz (another happy demonstrator)

Yapha said...

What an absolutely brilliant idea!! Love it!

Teressa Thompson said...

You Rock!

Julie said...

WOW!! Sometimes it's the simplest things that are the hardest to see. My customers are going to LOVE this!! Thanks you so much for sharing :-)

Julie Babcock
www.craftasticpassion.com

Julie said...

Just noticed you are in Jacksonville. I am in Fort Walton Beach, FL :-) Going to check out your Yahoo Group.

Cindy Major said...

Well, aren't you clever!!!