Sunday, June 13, 2010

Some Exciting News and Three Quick & Simple Cards For Guys

Well, Father’s Day is just one week away.. hope you’ve got your cards made!  Today I’m sharing three more quick and easy cards, in three different styles.

But… first I’ve got some very exciting news!  I’ve joined the Sketch Frenzy Friday Design Team!  Each Friday, I’ll be posting a new card sketch along with my sample card design and links to other blogs featuring the same sketch!  It will be something like a weekly mini-blog hop, with a limited number of blogs to visit, very do-able in your busy life. 

The first card, collage layering using the stamps en francais, natures silhouettes, and teeny tiny wishes, sense of time.  The Card Stock colors used on this card sample were Chocolate Chip, Basic Black, and Very Vanilla.  Classic Inks:  Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Sahara Sand, and Night of Navy.

P6050026guycard1

I just received my 2010-11 Spanish catalog with my Stampin’ Up! order delivery this week… and was pleased to see there are some new surprises in the catalog :)  For the card below, I used the Spanish version of Pendant Park.  The images are exactly the same as the english version with one exception:  The word Hola instead of Hello!

The large tree image on this card was stamped with old olive classic ink, and then with the fine tip end of my Chocolate Chip Stampin’ Write Marker, I traced some of the tree base and branches.  In very fine detail, it provided a light contrast to the large bush image.

1P6060043

The bench and squirrel images were markered DTS.. direct to stamp, with not quite navy and soft suede classic inks before stamping. 

The third card share today features the scrolling image from the Elements of Style stamp set, and To the Nines Designer Series Paper (DSP).  After stamping the image with Chocolate Chip Classic Ink on Sahara Sand Card Stock, I ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot Machine using the Square Lattice Textured Embossing Folder.

1P6060024

A few other simple elements were added to this card… a stamped and punched greeting using the wide oval punch, a few brads… all quick and easy to make with a lot of WOW factor.

I’ve got some cards for kids to share next week… and more samples featuring the All A Flutter single image Stamp from the Summer Mini Catalog.  I can tell you I’ve had lots of fun with this simple, cute and inexpensive stamp!

Hope you’ll stop by and visit again, and I look forward to your visit during the Sketch Frenzy Friday Blog Hop!

Hugs,

Pin It!

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Congrats on your DT position.

cinmfoster said...

Congratulations on the design teamm!! Great cards.