Last month, at my downline meeting, we walked through creating and executing a One Sheet Wonder Class. It was a lot of fun, and using a quarter sheet of 12” x 12” cardstock made it a feasible evening activity for the downline meeting too! Everyone was not only impressed with the results, but quite surprised at how quick and easy it was to complete 5 cards!
Today, I’m sharing my quarter sheet wonder with all of you!
First you’ll begin by making your own Designer Series Paper by stamping a 6” x 6” of Whisper White Cardstock*, you’ll be able to make 5 cards! * A 6”x6” sheet of Designer Series Paper may also be substituted!
Then, you’ll follow the cutting diagram found at the bottom of this post to cut up your rubber stamped faux Designer Series Paper.
Once you have cut all your supplementary cardstock, it’s easy to assemble all five cards following the photos for each card!
Photo of 6”x6” cardstock stamped with an assortment of stamps (listed below)
And here are the cards we made!
And Card E
Supplies Used for Today’s Class
- Flores Suaves
- Sincere Salutations
- Oval All
- Thank You Kindly
- Heard from the Heart
- On Your Birthday
- Whisper White
- Bashful Blue
- Night Of Navy
- Certainly Celery
- Scallop Oval
- Large Oval
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Sponge Dauber
- Silver Brads
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- ¼” Night of Navy Grosgrain Ribbon
Card Stock Cutting Guidelines
- Whisper White : 5.5” x 8.5” scored at 4.25” AND 4” x 5.25”
- Bashful Blue: 1.5” x 5.25”
- Night Of Navy: 5 3/8” x 4 1/8”
- Whisper White: 5.5” x 8.5” scored at 4.25” and scrap for stamping/punching Large Oval
- Bashful Blue: (3) 1.75” x 1.75” AND scrap for punching Scallop Oval
- Night Of Navy: 5.5” x 1 7/8”
- Whisper White: 5.5” x 8.5” scored at 4.25”, 4” x 5.25”, AND 1.5” x 2 1/8”
- Bashful Blue: 2.25” x 4.75”
- Certainly Celery: 1.75” x 2.5”
- Night Of Navy: 5.5” x 4.25”
- Whisper White: 4.25” x 11” scored at 5.5”
- Night Of Navy: 3” x 3”
- Bashful Blue” 3.5” x 3.5”
- Whisper White: 5.5” x 11” scored at 4.25”
- Bashful Blue: 2.25” x 3.25”
- Night Of Navy: 2.75” x 3.75”
Before you start cutting into your One Sheet Wonder, here are a few tips and hints!
- When stamping images on blank 6”x6” cardstock, always stamp images Light to Dark (ie. Begin with lightest ink color and migrate to darkest).
- Use largest stamped images first, and migrate to smaller images which can easily be used as fill for open spaces.
- Stamp each image 6-7 times on your 6”x6” cardstock… and remember it is OK to stamp OFF the paper!
- Cut parts in Alpha Order (in this case Card Parts A thru E)
One Sheet Wonder Cutting Diagram – the areas with no measurements are considered “scrap”:
Tomorrow is Fathers’ Day! I hope all the Dad’s out there have a wonderful day! My DH and I will be celebrating quietly.. our DD is in China, and DS is in Utah. It will be a quiet day with a couple skype calls and phone calls… and probably every sports game found on the television:)
Still working on the blog makeover… have you checked out my tutorials page? I’ll be adding this tutorial to the page next week. I look forward to your comments…