Wednesday, June 16, 2010

More butterflies… and two more collage cards

Each time I show this card to guests, they ask me what Stampin’ Up! Designer Paper I used.  LOL… I have to answer NONE!

Thanks to a fabulous collection of rubber stamps, everything on this card was hand stamped on solid colored cardstock!

2P6120043

Supplies Used in the card show above:

Stamps:  En Francais, Elements of Style, All a Flutter, Charming

Cardstock:  River Rock, Soft Suede, Basic Gray, Whisper White, So Saffron, Vellum

Classic Ink:  River Rock, Basic Gray, Versamark, Always Artichoke

Accessories:  Fire square brads, Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon, mat pack and piercing tool, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, Paper Snips, Heat Tool, and Black Embossing Powder

The card below is similar to one posted yesterday, featuring bright colors, a masked butterfly, and the yummy square lattice textured embossing folder.

2P6120041

Supplies used in the card above:

Stamps:  Flores Suaves, All a Flutter, Charming

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Garden Green Melon Mambo, Not Quite Navy, Whisper White

Classic Inks:  Rich Razzleberry, Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Garden Green, Basic Black, melon Mambo

Accessories:  Sponge Dauber, Signo White Gel Pen, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon, Scallop Oval and Large Oval punches, dimensionals

Yesterday it hit 100 degrees in Jacksonville… with a few sprinkles to cool us off, it was a very warm and muggy day… quite toasty these days!

Last week some stamping friends came over for a ‘play date’… we had so much fun!  When is the last time you allowed yourself a stamping play date?  It’s really a wonderful way to get creative and try new things!

Speaking of trying new things, I received my new Stampin’ Up! 2010-2011 catalog merchandise and have been playing around with some really fabulous new stamps and tools.  Can’t wait to share some of them with you!

Hugs,

Pin It!

6 comments:

Jackie L Watson said...

I just love your cards. Cool and refreshing to cool off with on a hot day. You rock girl.

Stampin_melissa said...

Both of these are gorgeous! IF I had (notice IF ;)) to pick I think I'd pick the first as my favorite. It has a bit softer feel to it. TFS!

Susan said...

Very pretty butterfly cards. I wish I could fly away to cooler weather. The new blog design looks great too.

Donna said...

You've been busy! Love the butterfly cards, especially the monochromatic one.

Shari Winterstein said...

These are fabulous cards and I'm so happy to see that no DSP was used. Thanks for blessing my day. :)

bettystamps said...

Love the card. I wasn't sure I liked this butterfly, but I got it anyway. It hasn't been inked YET. But lookout. I will try my hand at this technique. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!