Monday, June 28, 2010

Lunchtime Sketch Challenge… Christmas in June!

OK.. so we’ve all heard of Christmas in July.. what about Christmas in June??  So many people are making their own Christmas cards these days… they start way ahead of time… June is not unreasonable!

This is a card I made this morning for Mary Jo Price-Williams’ Techno Stamper Lunchtime Sketch Challenge TSSC128.  Conveniently it also qualifies for the Late Night Stampers Challenge #77 which is to use NEW Idea Book & Catalog Merchandise.

Here’s Mary Jo’s cool sketch:

1TSSC128

0629lunchtimechallenge

The Greeting on this card is from Occasional Quotes.  Embossing folder for Cherry Cobbler Background:  Vintage Wallpaper.  Paper used:  Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive, and Very Vanilla.  A little faux stitching along the edge of the greeting/ Norman Vincent Peale quote adds some balance to a left heavy card.

I hope you like it… now I’ve got to go back to work :)

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

MJ said...

Wow, love all the little extras! The top note is a great touch, fabulous Christmas card, and you are right June is not too early, lol! Thanks so much for playing along.

Anonymous said...

Love the red bird, and that color, very pretty card..any chance you're going to mail it off to someone special?
Bobbi

Pam said...

Beautiful card, Sharon! I can't bear to think of Christmas,yet, but it's still s stunning card!

Jackie L Watson said...

Gorgeous Christmas card. I love the red and white

Maxine said...

Wow that card looks like it took a lot of work! It came out great though!!!

cinmfoster said...

Great card, thanks for sharing.

nana_cindy42 said...

I agree with them, it IS a beautiful Christmas card. I can't believe we're just about at the latter 1/2 of the year with Christmas around the corner! But it is so we must get going. Maybe this, my 68th year, will FINALLY be the year I start early as I promise EVERY year but NEVER do......lol

Hetty said...

This is a lovely, warm card!