Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's Spring.. the leaves are green, and so is my Wild Wasabi Ink!

Lots of rain, you know it is the 'in between season' in Florida.. the leaves and grasses are green... and everything is wet at 3pm daily.  Rain:  it's a good thing... cools off the asphalt and pavement a bit AND it's a bad thing, contributing to the humidity x 100.  With all the green, I just had to stamp some nice green leaves!!

First card, sparkling with the help of champagne shimmer paint, which I brushed on using a small angled paint brush.  The stamp set used:  Paradise.  These are all leaves which are commonly seen in Florida too!

Behind the gold brads, I’ve added small circles of soft suede cardstock, also enhanced with champagne shimmer paint.  The circles are part of the new mini punch pack featured in the summer Mini Catalog.

2P6120016


I’m so glad that Stampin’ Up! has brought back Wild Wasabi Ink!!  It was one of my very favorite in-colors, right up there with River Rock!

The next card uses the stamp set “Autumn Splendor”… instead of enhancing the leaf images, I’ve used a sponge dauber to gently spread champagne shimmer paint onto the lattice textured embossed cardstock… almost makes it look like an old, woven basket, doesn’t it?

Using an Aqua Painter, and Garden Green Classic Ink, each leaf was enhanced along stems and veins.
2P6120035

Both these cards are suitable for guys or gals… and could easily be converted to Fathers’ Day, Birthday, or Just a Note cards as well.

Working a ‘blog lift’… what do you think of the changes so far?  I do listen to my readers, and recently received an email from a follower who wanted to see larger pictures of projects.  She commented that she wanted to see the finer details of the images.  Another change:  type is darkened, background lightened, and words are now larger… all to make it easier for you.  Hope you like the changes, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to contact me with suggestions!  It’s a work in progress… isn’t everything?

Have a wonderful day, hope you’ll stop by tomorrow for Sketch Frenzy Friday!  The team has been working hard to bring fresh and fun new cards to you based on one little sketch :)  I know I’m looking forward to being a part of the team, and hope you’ll take the mini blog tour as well!

Hugs,

Pin It!

8 comments:

Debbie said...

Sharon, I like the updated look...fresh. p.s. there is a new country song out about rain that fits perfectly with today's blog...we haven't received a drop of rain just 5 or 6 miles from your house :0)

Wanda J. said...

Love the cards, Sharon, and I really like how you've used the shimmer paint on the leaves and on the lattice! Thanks for the inspiration. ;-D

Elizabeth said...

These cards are just gorgeous!

Hugs!

lisa808 said...

Hi Sharon,

Great cards! I especially like the second one. Your coloring of the leaves is fabulous and I love the torn edges.

Susan Carlson said...

Your cards are great! I usually read your blog via email, but sometimes go to your web site to see details. The blog update is a fine enhancement : )

cinmfoster said...

Great cards, love the use of the shimmer paint.

NQproducer said...

Hi! My first time visiting your blog. Love it. Found you through Stampin' Connection. I am a central Floridian by birth, living in Kentucky for years, so I had to say "hello." Loved these leafy, tropical man-friendly cards! And what you did with the rattan look; I'll probably HAVE to get that folder now, after I said I wouldn't!! One question re: the first card. Did you paint the champagne shimmer paint on the stamp with the wild wasabi ink, or paint the image after stamping? Love the designs, love the effect of the way you used the shimmer paint in both! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Anonymous said...

I really like your cards especially the detailing with the shimmer paint. It really adds a special touch.