Monday, June 7, 2010

Hmm.. Cards for Guys??

Of all the cards I make… and believe me, I make a TON of them… I just can’t seem to find my mojo on guy cards!  Initially, I thought perhaps it was a lack of sufficiently suitable stamp set, but upon further evaluation realized that I HAVE plenty of masculine or guy sets… I just have more of an effeminate lean in my art!

That said… today I’m sharing some more “Guy” or Masculine Cards.   I hope you’ll like them! 

This one has kind of a South-Western feel… with three Stampin’ Up! Stamp Sets used, and the masking technique.

1P6060038

The cording used on this card was featured in the 2009 Holiday Mini Catalog.  I simply untwisted it, and then tied an overhand knot near the end.  I love the simple medallion from the Charming stamp set… Basic Black on Riding Hood Red provided a great Southwestern theme for the card, don’t you think?

A second card… using the same stamped wolf image from the Natures Silhouettes stamp set.  I used the new bitty buttons punches from the Summer Mini Catalog to punch the small Sahara Sand circles before piercing with a mat pack/piercing tool combo and adding basic black brads.

1P6060020

I’m so happy that Sahara Sand will continue as one of the core colors in the New Color combos offered by SU! in the new 2010-11 Idea Book and Catalog.. It pairs so well with Very Vanilla and Basic Black, don’t you think?

En Francais was stamped in the background on this card too…

See you tomorrow with some more Masculine card shares… after all, Fathers’ Day is next weekend… it’s a great time to share Guy Cards!

Hugs,

Pin It!

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

Two more great masculine cards. I really like the second one.

cinmfoster said...

Great guy cards Sharon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Really love this card Sharon. The wolves, the medallions and the untwisted cords. Reminds me of New Mexico and some of the designs I remember from when I lived there decades ago.