Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Friends Never Fade In Marina Mist and Brayered Folder

I have so many new favorite colors from the New Color Collection… everyday has been a new adventure since I received my new Catalog Sneak Peek merchandise.  Now, my job is to make YOU want all this stuff too.. LOL!!

Two cards today.. Today’s cards both use early espresso, marina mist, and whisper white cardstock and the Friends Never Fade Stamp Set.

Both cards use the lovely new blue shade of ink:  Marina Mist.  In the first sample a brayer was used to add color to the concave side of the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder to make a lovely custom background paper. 

Card 1 – Additional supplies Narrow Early Espresso Ribbon

P6150007

That background really pops, don’t you think?

Here’s card #2 – using much of the same supplies, a plainer background with the addition of the en francais large format background stamps and some brushed silver brads perfectly placed with a mat pack and paper piercing tool.

1P6150005

I think it needs a bow or something on that ribbon.. what do you think???

Two cards again tomorrow… this time featuring the Sketch Frenzy Friday June 18th layout… I meant to post them to the link on my friend Connie’s blog.. but totally got busy and forgot!!  Yikes!!

I look forward to reading your comments.. have a wonderful day, and stay cool!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

I love both your cards, but especially like card #1. I like the brayered look with this embossing folder. Very nice. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

The card are really pretty. I really like the background of the first one it does pop. The second one is pretty. I do agree it need something, maybe a bow or some brads at the bottom left, however that may be too many brads. I must get the set, thanks for sharing.
Gale
gale.sewell@indwes.edu

Shari Winterstein said...

GORGEOUS! I love this color - it is so soft. How did you get such a good coverage on the embossing folder? Mine are also so blotchy! Thanks for blessing my day! ;)))))

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful cards, Sharon! I can't wait to get my folder. It shipped today. Yay! That Marina Mist is really growing on me! The brayered background is fabulous!

Hugs!

lisa808 said...

Marina Mist does look like a nice blue color. Both cards are pretty. Yes, a think a little bow would look good on the 2nd card.

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

To answer the question about even coverage with the embossing folder, I used a brayer... Once the brayer was evenly covered with the marina mist classic ink, I brayered the indented side of the folder, inked and repeated until coverage was sufficient.. a total of three times did the trick.

Susan Byington said...

I like the first one the best. The brayering really makes it pop! Have you had any problem with the "S" in "Friends" coming out crisp? Mine doesn't look right. Maybe I should call it in. . .