Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Flowers and Friends Never Fade… Two Cards

Playing around with the flower from the Friends Never Fade stamp set… I really wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with this flower! 

This first sample uses the tiny background dot-dot-dot stamp, and Early Espresso lusciously rich classic ink.  The flowers were stamped with yummy Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink (are you hungry yet?).. but then I colored them with a Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker before highlighting with more color from Cherry Cobbler and Early Espresso Stampin’ Write Markers.

P6150014

The narrow strips of Early Espresso Cardstock were cut in 1/4” wide lengths to create a window pane effect.. so, what do you think?

Here’s another card using another floral image from the Friends Never Fade Stamp Set… a much simpler design using just two colors of classic ink:  Marina Mist, and Cherry Cobbler.

P6150012

Very simple design.. but a real wow factor.. very quick and easy to put together.. just need to remember to clean your stamp before switching ink colors LOL!  Aren’t you loving the new narrow ribbons?  They add a touch of pizzaz to your cards without a lot of bulk!

My shipment of the New 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalogs arrived late last week.. I know you’re looking forward to having your very own copy.. contact me today if you’d like to arrange to have one shipped directly to you, or to pick up one here in Jacksonville  You’re going to love the new designs, cards, and layouts.  The artwork is tops!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

2 comments:

Laurie Gibson said...

I love the way you added the marker highlights on the first card. It makes the flowers so realistic - I wanted to put me nose close and smell them :)LOL And, yes I am liking that new ribbon. Can't wait to get it in all of the colors - I just preordered 3. Nice job on these! BTW, I love you new blog design!

nana_cindy42 said...

I love Flowers & Friends never fade cards. I especially like the shading of the flowers in the window pane card. Are we going to do those tomorrow??? hint-hint-hint :)