Thursday, June 10, 2010

Countdown to Fathers’ Day… Two Quick Stamped Cards for You!

These are two very quick and easy cards for guys as part of my countdown to Fathers’ Day Masculine Cards posts!  (Psst… and I have a brayer tip for you too!)
The first featured the trendy trees stamp set… and and aqua painter enhanced sky and grassy meadow.
1P6060026
To the Nines Designer Series Series Paper compliment the scene… and I’ve added a few brads to accentuate the card.  What do you think?
This next card, is not my favorite… but I was trying to do a navy/white silhouette scene using the  Natures Nest stamp set.
1P6060050
And.. playing around with my brayer… Did you notice the reversed images?  This is one of the hands on technique demonstrations at the down-line meeting earlier this week. The stamps were inked up with classic ink, and then rolled with my brayer.  The image was then very easy to line up and roll the reverse image onto my cardstock.
TIP:  An interesting question arose as a result of this demonstration… which image do you put on the paper first:  The original stamp or the brayered reverse image?  After a little discussion, we decided that it would be best to do the reverse image first as it is much easier to line up the edge of the actual stamp with that which you have already brayered!
Well, back to my stamping studio…  
Hugs,
Pin It!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Awesome wolf card.