Monday, June 21, 2010

Artistic Etchings, New Catalog Sneak Peek

When I first flipped through Stampin’ Up’s! new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog, the Artistic Etchings Rubber Stamp collection immediately caught my eye!  This stamp has so many wonderful essentials for scrapbook pages, for card making, for Artist Trading Cards or Collage Canvases!  The images are crisp, well shaded, and profound.. I love them ALL!

So.. today’s card shares will feature the lovely Artistic Etchings Stamp Collection!  I’m sure the stamp set will inspire many more creative projects in the future as well!

Here’s the SECOND card I made with the Artistic Etchings Stamp Set:

2P6120020

Snuck a little retired ribbon in there (didn’t you just love the velvet ribbons we had a while back?)  Colors used on this card:  Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray, and Whisper White.  I also had a little help from the “Punch Potpourri” collection.. that is the stamped scallop “thanks” image you see popped up at the bottom of the card.

Here is the first card I made using this set… using Cherry Cobbler and Whisper White colors:

2P6120026

If you’re wondering about the square and rectangle masking on each card… it was done with post it notes!  I couldn’t help it, just had to try it and see what type of results I got.  On the second card, my central/focal image was stamped first and then covered with a post it note which I used to space and center the corner images.

I look forward to reading your comments, and hope you’ll stop by again tomorrow!

Hugs,

Pin It!

8 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

Super classy and vintage beautiful! :)

jimlynn said...

Very beautiful and elegant cards! I have a feeling I'm going to love the new catty!
Lynn

Mercedes Pineiro said...

Wow very nice love the cards you always come on with a great card. Thanks for sharing Sharon

Susan said...

Love the Cherry Cobbler/White card. Looks like a piece of old lace. Beautiful!!!

Ann Corley said...

Ohhhh - this is beautiful! I never would have thought of this! I MUST CASE it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ms said...

how absolutely gorgeous are this cards. I'm going to have to see if I can even do a smidge of it.. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Jean Fitch from jlfstudio said...

Breathtaking frames for the cards. Totally inspired and inspirational! Thanks for sharing. This will teach me to read the whole post before diving into the catalog to see where the frame stamp came from - LoL!! In my defense I saw it first in the email update before clicking over :D

Kay Kalthoff said...

OMG - This is just amazing, Sharon! GREAT job and thanks for sharing!
Kay