Sunday, June 27, 2010

All A Flutter… Magnetic Inspiration and Zindorf Enabler Alert

Here’s yet another vellum butterfly… done with the vellum butterfly technique found on my tutorial page.  I really love this butterfly, can you tell?

Cardstock used on this card:  Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Garden Green, and Soft Sky.  Now, I KNOW I’m not the only person out there hoarding soft sky cardstock… it was such a beautiful, soft color.  I also KNOW I was not alone in secretly hoping that Stampin’ Up! would bring it back with the Color Renovation this year…. oh well!

1P6060037

The Bashful Blue Background was stamped with Versamark Ink to achieve a watermark effect using the Bella Toile Large Format Background Stamp from Stampin’ Up!  The Soft Sky cardstock was also stamped with Bella Toile, but inked first with versamark, then soft sky classic ink (yes, I have my ink pad too:) and then covered with clear embossing powder before using a heat tool to set and achieve the shiny elegant look of the background.

So… where did my inspiration for this card come from?  It was a refrigerator magnet!  I’ve had the magnet for over a year, and kept thinking “I have to make a card like that”…. with the help of All A Flutter,(and soft sky cardstock) I finally did!

Here’s the magnet:

1abflyinspP6220012

 

What do you think?

Enabler Alert:  Zindorf Workshop Opportunity

I received an email from an online friend who is hosting a Michelle Zindorf workshop Sept. 11th and 12th in Piedmont, Alabama which is on the border of Georgia and Alabama.. not far from Birmingham, Huntsville Alabama or Dallas, Rome, Carrolton, or Douglasville, Ga.  As you know, I hosted Michelle earlier this year… and I can tell you, if you live within a few hours of Piedmont, don’t miss this workshop!!  My workshop attendees travelled for up to 5 hours to be here for the workshop here in Jacksonville, Florida… many of whom were repeat attendees.  It is a fabulous experience, it is a wonderful learning experience and well worth the investment!!  What a wonderful day trip with friends it would make!!  You can register for this fabulous workshop HERE on Michelle’s site.. you won’t be disappointed!

Hugs,

Sharon

, Zindorf
Pin It!

5 comments:

Cindy Ware said...

The butterfly card is beautiful. Love it!!! Hope we can do it sometime!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness.. that card is stunning!! You did a great job of matching the magnet too.. Wow!
Jules

Patricia Gessner said...

I love your card. It is soooooooo pretty.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

I think the butterfly is gorgeous....fabulous card....have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

lisa808 said...

Gorgeous butterfly card. Great take on the magnet.