Monday, May 17, 2010

Watercolor Trio Two Ways…

I can’t begin to tell you how difficult it was to photograph this Basic Gray and Faux Embossed Metal Simple and Elegant Watercolor Trio Card!  The picture does NOT do it justice.  The cardstock used is actually basic Gray, Very Vanilla, and Brushed Silver (the part I embossed.)

BASicgrayfauxmetal1

After embossing the brushed silver cardstock piece with three layers of silver embossing powder, I covered the watercolor trio image with versamark and pressed it firmly into the warm embossed surface.  Once the surface had cooled, the versamark ink acted as a release agent for the stamp… and left behind this cool impression.

More on the level of a quick and simple workshop card… here is a distressed card featuring the Watercolor Trio Stamp Set too!

tropicalflowerdistressa

Not sure why I had to distress this card… it was, of course perfectly fine before I distressed it… but it just needed something.  So I began to mess it up a bit.. at first, bending a corner.. then crumpling the main image.. well, that was a wrong move!  So, I grabbed my River Rock Classic Ink Pad, and DTP hit all the high spots… what’s the worse that could happen?  It’s only paper after all!

A little Versamark Ink applied with a pen, and Clear Embossing Powder, heated… and we have a shiny focal image too… kind of a fun contrast for the distressed paper, unexpected I guess… right up there with those quick and easy workshop cards though.. teach a quick technique or two, create a card… you know the ones I  mean.

Well, back to the drawing board… I am so ready for the new catalog to arrive in July… it’s like Christmas in July when I open the new book and peruse all the wonderful new images, papers, and accessories… maybe I’ll start a countdown clock… hmm.

Until tomorrow…

Hugs,

Pin It!

No comments: