Sunday, May 16, 2010

Watercolor Trio Two Step

It didn’t start out that way… two step… and it’s really not a two step stamp.  But necessity called, and it became one. 

When I first made the background for this card, I stamped the background leaf image from the Watercolor Trio Stamp set multiple times with both Certainly Celery and Wild Wasabi Classic Ink.  Then I decided to add some flowers….

triolayersacbyu

The Regal Rose flowers (markered only the flower on the image… not the stem or leaves) came out nicely… but then for some crazy reason I decided to add Yo Yo Yellow flowers.. WOW was that a bright idea or what (PUN intended)… NOT a good idea though.. way too bright for my canvas.  SO… the image was inked again with Apricot Appeal ink and stamped over the top of the Yo Yo Yellow flowers, muting them ever so slightly… much better.

To add additional contrast, I markered the flower centers with contrasting colors as well (on the paper.. not the stamp).  All in all, not too bad.. what do you think?

Stampin’ Up! Supplies
Card Stock:  Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, Pacific Point

Classic Inks: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi

Stampin’ Write Markers:  Regal Rose, Pink Passion, Pacific Point, Yo Yo Yellow, Apricot Appeal, Lavendar Lace

Accessories:  Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, mini glue dots.

See you tomorrow.. stay safe and well.

Hugs,

Pin It!

1 comment:

June Switzer said...

I visit your blog everyday. I really like the yellow touch on this card. Very smart!