Thursday, May 6, 2010

ViewMaster Nutty Treat Card

Ahh.. the benefits of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator!  I didn’t come up with this card at all… the directions were provided to all demonstrators by Stampin’ Up’s very own Dawn Griffith in a video tutorial late last month!

viewmaster treat card

Isn’t this fun?  It uses the round treat cups (still available although not in the catalog), and a ViewMaster type wheel to release the treats without tearing the card apart.  After toying with various stamp sets, I decided to utilize the Bouquet Bunch Stamp set from the Summer Mini Catalog.  Although originally planned to hold some yummy chocolate candy treats, the tiny little squirrel looked so hungry… I just had to add some dry roasted peanuts instead!

Not wanting the oils from the peanuts to stain the card, I found some pretzel bags and shortened them, filled them with peanuts and tied with a twist to protect the card…

When you turn the dial, it will open the back and the small bag of nuts is easily released from the card.. isn’t that fun??

This was a fun surprise card which the First Wednesday Card Club got to make this month too… I wonder how many have already eaten their peanuts… hmm.

Oh.. and I almost forgot.. here is a picture of the special gift that my card club members received from me this month.  Each little sleeve holds a Stampin’ Up! nail file… isn’t that fun?

Nail File Gifts from Created By You

Hugs, and I hope to see you back here tomorrow!

Pin It!

2 comments:

Hunters Moon said...

Wow the Nutty Treat Card is amazing, Ive never seen anything like it before very interesting.

lisa808 said...

Fun card. Cute gift idea for the nail files.