Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tropical Party Step Card Tutorial

Did you enjoy the Royal Blog Tour?  It was a lot of work, but certainly a lot of fun to visit so many blogs and creative friends don’t you think?

This card just happens to be one we will be making during this Month’s First Wednesday Card Club!  It is a Stair Step card with a different twist… A card within a card, and a special tutorial too!

P5030004

Isn’t the new Island Oasis Designer Series Paper awesome?  Lots of bright tropical designs and colors, perfect for summer Scrapbook pages too!

I told you that this is a card within a card… so here are two more views to show just what I mean.   First, a flattened-out view…

 

P5030006Can you guess where the card within the card lies?   Here is the open view:

P5030007

Wouldn’t that be a great place to store a gift card too?  Hmmm.. may have to work on that version!

So… want to know how this card was made?  You will need your Fiskars Paper Trimmer with both Scoring and Cutting Blades to complete this project.

The base (so saffron) card stock was cut to 5.5” x 8.5”. 

Align the 5.5” edge at the top of your paper trimmer with the left side on the 2” mark.

Lift the cutting guide slightly, and bring the cutting blade to the 1” mark.  Drop the guide to the paper, and cut from the 1” mark down to the 6 3/8” mark on the cutting guide.

Remove the paper from the paper trimmer, turn 90 degrees and with the 2” cut at the top of the trimmer.  You are going to make a score just to the cut line at 4.25”

Rotate the paper 180 degrees so the wider (3.5”) side is at the top of the trimmer.

Score to the cut line at 1”, 1-7/8”, 3-3/8”, 4-5/8” and 6 3/8”.

Remove from the paper trimmer, and with the 2” side to your left, valley and mountain fold the right side of the card to make the steps.

Use a bone folder to neatly crease all folds, including the 4 1/4” score.

Here are the cutting dimensions for card parts:

Whisper White Card Stock 1.5” x 3.75”,  7” x 3.75” scored at 3.5”, and scrap to punch the wide oval greeting.

Melon Mambo Card Stock:  3.5” x 3.75” and 3.25” x 1-7/8”

Old Olive Card Stock:  3” x 3.25”

Tempting Turquoise Card Stock:  1.75” x 4”

Island Oasis DSP: 

Floral:  2.75” x 3”

Stripe”  1” x 5.5”

Polka Dot: 1.75” x 3”

Hope my card club ladies like this card… and my special surprise guest too!  Have you figured out who it might be?

Hugs,

Pin It!

3 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

This is such a cheerful, happy card. I'm loving this paper more and more! I'm glad it is in my stash of stuff! :) Thanks for blessing my day and cheering my heart! :)

lisa808 said...

I sure did enjoy the RBT. It took me from Friday morning to Sunday evening to complete the tour!

Thanks for the tutorial on this awesome card!

Yvonne Metz said...

I know who your guest is!! I had a blast today Sharon! Thank you for having me! Now you have to put up with me til Saturday! LOL!!