Thursday, May 20, 2010

Techniques Class: 3-D Flower Projects and THREE Tutorial Links

This class was so much fun.. and everyone really enjoyed making all the 3D flowers on these projects!  Two flower topped boxes and the sweet butterfly punch pansy card.  Of course, they had to ask how in the world I came up with this stuff… and me, being me… had to tell them I couldn’t take credit for any of the flowers at all!

MayTechniquesTuesday

They remembered of course, a card I had made last winter using the ornament punch, pretties kit, butterfly punch, and 5-petal flower punch:

PC1300532009flower

You can read more about how this was done in my December 13th post HERE.  But it definitely is not the same as the beautiful magnolia perched atop the brown box lid.  Here’s a close up of the Magnolia flower designed by Rhea Anderson.  Rhea has a tutorial for this lovely flower available on her blog: (Night Owl Stamper).  Here’s a close-up of the pretty Magnolia Rose…

P5110019

The Lilies setting atop the green and white box were also totally CASE’d… from none other than the fabulous Julia Bettencourt.  Julia is a member of one of the Demo groups I belong to and often shares some really fabulous ideas.    You can visit Julia’s lovely blog and view her Lily tutorial HERE.

The pansy card has been featured on my blog before.. but everyone just HAD to make it after they saw it… so I added it to my Techniques Tuesday (and Wednesday) class this month.  Another CASE from a tutorial offered by Tina Sieben’s blog:  The Inkredible Shrinking Stamper.

Bet you’re going to be busy making flowers soon:)  And, now I’m going back to the stamp room to come up with some original art of my own.

Hope you’ll stop by tomorrow!

Hugs,

Pin It!

5 comments:

Shari Winterstein said...

Stunning - absolutely stunning. Thanks for blessing my morning! :)

jimlynn said...

These are gorgeous! I'm off to check out the tutorials! TFS

Anonymous said...

Oh Sharon, You just rearranged all my plans for today, :-) Now I have to sit at this computer and go to all the wonderful blogs you mentioned! The laundry will have to wait! Thank you I always enjoy reading your blog, you are a very talented lady!

Donna said...

Great ideas, Sharon! Love the coloring around the edges, too. Very innovative!

lisa808 said...

How come I'm not in Jacksonville?!?!? Stunning flower projects.