Friday, May 14, 2010

Sweet Scoops Easel Dream

Sweet Scoops has really been giving me a hard time… I used the set earlier this week to make a patio planter for yet another Tropical Party Card.  But, I really wanted to make an ice cream card!  So when my new adopted downline came to stamp and play on Tuesday, I decided we had to make a card using the Sweet Scoops Stamp Set!  Since she had never made an easel card, I thought it would be a fun start to getting that stamp set off the shelf!

Here is the card we made:

icreameasel

Isn’t it fun?  The ice cream colors were stamped with Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron.  The So Saffron seemed a bit dark, so we stamped ‘off’ before stamping above the cone.  The cones were stamped with Soft Suede Classic Ink, and the confetti was stamped with all three ice cream colors.

Here’s another view of the easel card:

P5110030

Ha ha.. I put chocolate sprinkles on the cone ‘stopper’ which is popped up with stampin’ dimensionals.  This is one stamp set which I purchased in Clear Mount.. knowing I was going to line things up and stamp them together, the clear mount stamps did make it easier.  (Still missed on one cone, though… )

Often when I have a medium to dark card base, I will add a lighter color to the inside to write the greeting or message on.  This card was no exception.. here I added a smaller piece of Whisper White card stock, and multi color stamped confetti too.

P5110031

Have you signed up for next week’s Techniques Tuesday and Wednesday Night Techniques Classes?  We’re going to make some really great projects which I am sure you will love!!

Hugs,

Pin It!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Great card...love the sprinkles under the greeting. :)

Teressa Thompson said...

Love the rainbow (sherbet) of ribbon and ink colors! LOL It's so pretty and so fun! Wouldn't that make a great invitation to an Ice Cream Social party?