Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sea Shells, Starfish and Tropical Party

So.. what do Sea Shells, Starfish, and the Tropical Party Stamp set have in common?  When my new adopted downline came over for a stamping play date yesterday, I showed her something I had been working on, and had just about given up on.   I told her my card was inspired by a stamped card design by Susan Huber… where she used multiple shells stamped on vellum which was then pierced.

We currently only have one shell stamp (found in Natures’ Nest Stamp Set)… and I thought it might be fun to use the flower design from Tropical Party as a Starfish…. and after some experimentation, I had come up with this card:

P5110027

OK.. but not really the ‘starfish’ I was looking for.  But she was inspired by the possibilities, and we began to play around with alternate colors.  After some experimentation, we finally settled on Regal Rose, Creamy Caramel, and Soft Suede Classic Inks with which to stamp random images of shells and tropical party “starfish”.  Here’s a cut-away sample:

P5110026

The images were stamped with Classic Inks on Vellum Card Stock, and then embossed with Clear Embossing powder.  A White Signo Gel Pen was used to highlight the centers of each ‘star fish’ with dots.  When dry, we used a paper piercing tool and the foam from my Mat Packs to random pierce around the stamped images, and between them as well.

P5110025

The Kraft Taffeta Ribbon added a little extra ‘something’ to the completed card.

If you scroll back up to the top and view my original card, which do you like better?  I really like the second one… I think my new adopted down line and I work really well together, don’t you think?

Later this week, I’ll share some of the other projects we made during our stamping play date!

Hugs to you all!

The embossed and pierced vellum was attached to Soft Suede Card Stock with Tombow Adhesive, and then to Regal Rose Card Stock to frame it.  The Kraft card fold-over was stamped with random images and Versa Mark Ink,.

Pin It!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I like the second one too, but I like those colors together! You do work well together! ;0)

Donna

lisa808 said...

Another vote for the 2nd card.