Wednesday, May 19, 2010

One Layout… Three Versions

I promised you more butterflies.. and here they are!  Using some of my textured embossing folders, and the All A Flutter Stamp Set, I actually made this card more than once.. experimenting with the layout until I found what worked.

Sometimes stamping is about experimenting, exploring your creative options.  Sometimes we hit it on the nose on our first try… other times, it’s back to the drawing board, right?

cfbdaybflybwcbyu517 

Above… embossed vellum with flowers, Whisper White Background with dots and added a bow.

Below:  Left off the vellum Card Stock, swapped out the colors for less of a monochromatic look, adding sahara sand card stock and Kraft tafetta ribbon… a few pearl from the Pretties Kit.krftblbflyswpcbyu517

Below:  Changed out the bow for crimped Bashful Blue Card Stock, reversed usage of the folders used in the first card. 

bwbflyswpcbyu517

Kind of amazing how little changes can make such a big difference.  I think the last one is my favorite, what do you think?

Stampin’ Up! Supplies

Stamps:  All A Flutter, Watercolor Trio

Card Stock:  Vellum, Whisper White, Sahara Sand

Accessories:  Pretties Kit, Heat Gun, Versa Mark Ink, White Embossing Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tafetta Ribbons, Ovals #2 Sizzix Die, 2-Way Glue Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Textured Embossing Folders

I’d love to hear which one you like best… no butterflies tomorrow, but I hope you’ll love the special card just the same!

Hugs,

Pin It!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all three of them, but number three is my favorite... reminds me of a summery dotted swiss dress!

Crafty Maria said...

I like the last one as well...but they are all gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Love them all!

Martha Lucia Gomez said...

Sharon, I love your butterflies and your creations are very elegant. The composition of colors is perfect. They are adorable! Thank you for sharing with us.
Martha Lucia Gomez - http://stampartpapel.blogspot.com

Shari Winterstein said...

Here goes - my favorite is . . . . or . . . . no I think it's . . . . Yikes a woman can never make up her mind. They are all wonderful. Thanks for blessing my day three-fold! :)

Mary Davidson said...

What lovely, elegant cards, Sharon! The vellum adds so much. Thanks for the inspiration. It would be nice to meet you sometime, as well. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog.
Mary

Susan said...

They are all great, but have to admit the first one is my favorite.

lisa808 said...

Tough decision as all three are pretty, but I'll go with the last one as well.

cinmfoster said...

All three cards are beautiful, my favorite is the second one. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon Steinwand said...

I really like the middle one! Somehow the strip of vellum or other pattern didn't seem to add to the card for me. But how true, a few minor changes, and a very different look!